Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wishfull said:
Pick up this brute. Gem rotary hoe. 600cc Jap motor.
Digs like 10 men looking for gold.
Shoulders are killing me.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...9920603_resized_received_4172891046083904.jpg

I like this Wishfull. They were common in the day when small farms had done away with the horse and couldn't afford a tractor. I've been looking at a similar thing to tow behind the big Cat to break up the lumpy clay. The only problem is the $100,000 price tag and the Cat doesn't have a PTO of sufficient power to run it. I've been considering how I could build one with a big diesel engine mounted on top and just use the Cat to pull it.

Moneybox said:
Wishfull said:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...9920603_resized_received_4172891046083904.jpg

I like this Wishfull. They were common in the day when small farms had done away with the horse and couldn't afford a tractor. I've been looking at a similar thing to tow behind the big Cat to break up the lumpy clay. The only problem is the $100,000 price tag and the Cat doesn't have a PTO of sufficient power to run it. I've been considering how I could build one with a big diesel engine mounted on top and just use the Cat to pull it.

Could try a hydraulic driven tiller like on a Bobcat. Could mount a set of rippers in front for real hard ground.

limpalot said:
Moneybox said:
Wishfull said:

Could try a hydraulic driven tiller like on a Bobcat. Could mount a set of rippers in front for real hard ground.

The 6.6L Cat simply doesn't have sufficient power to run it. I have trouble shaving a thin layer off the ground. If I try to dig a bit deep then all I get is lumps and they'll fall right off the top screen. If I had a way to break down the lumps quickly and easily then I could rip it. Of course I'd have to get or build a ripper.

1621313064_scrapping.jpg

The ground is extremely hard and it really needs a bulldozer to push it. The top few inches are ok but all that gold has gone. I need to get to the top of the bedrock about 300mm down.

Mackka said:
Mate, whats another toy , its only money.
Mackka

Yeah Mackka, I spoke to the bank today. Not because I needed money but because I wanted to know why my homeloan limit was reduced. We took out a $180,000 loan a bit over 20 years ago and all but paid it off. I kept it there and use it as an overdraft just drawing on it when I need a new toy or something. I noticed the other day that my limit is down to about $85,000 and I was looking at buying the GPX6000. You can't be too careful :lol:

Anyway as it works out my loan is until about 2030 and the limit automatically reduces every year until it hits zero at the end of term. I thought they were just screwing me over because of my age and lack of income but that's not the case.

I don't know if you would find any over there MB, but a old set of "C" tyne rippers with a 60 to 80 hp tractor would be handy with a good heavy crundle roller behind them, you might be able to pick pick up a 3pl 60" howard or a khun rotary hoe (the howard are 2 speed and the khun are 3 speed ) to break it up into fines ,i know that is more toys but it might be the cheapest way around your problem

hi Hopeful Tania
yep fun and practice ,wash rinse and repeat

who did you get your pay dirt from ,
and where are the pics of what you found, big or small it don't matter :lol:

i usually get the golden spear mine samples for presents, and i saw this gold digger dave's stuff, so i thought i would give it a go

haven't panned it yet ,had it in the sun to dry so i could classify it ,and there is some small conglomerate like pieces that i will crush and keep separate to see if any thing is in it :D

well i got a chance to have a play with gold digger dave's dirt and the results where surprising
i classified it into three mesh sizes
1622951392_img_0240.jpg

1622951419_img_0241.jpg

1622951437_img_0242.jpg

and the final weigh in, what was panned and the picker
1622951594_img_0239.jpg

i also forgot to keep the clay, conglomerate pieces separate after crushing them but :poop: happens :lol: but i did keep one piece that has a lot of gold in it, and i put it on the scales with the rest of it
1622951906_img_0238.jpg

the picker went .21g and the clay conglomerate piece went .26g, i have no idea of what happened to those 2 photo's ,they are no longer in the camera or in the lap top, but don't worry it is not the first time i have managed to do this 8.( and it won't be the last :lol:

Moneybox said:
limpalot said:
Moneybox said:
Wishfull said:

The 6.6L Cat simply doesn't have sufficient power to run it. I have trouble shaving a thin layer off the ground. If I try to dig a bit deep then all I get is lumps and they'll fall right off the top screen. If I had a way to break down the lumps quickly and easily then I could rip it. Of course I'd have to get or build a ripper.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3960/1621313064_scrapping.jpg

The ground is extremely hard and it really needs a bulldozer to push it. The top few inches are ok but all that gold has gone. I need to get to the top of the bedrock about 300mm down.
Wonderful AUSTRALIA! I LOVE IT

Latest posts