XP Deus - First outing

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool vid GP and awesome finds so close to the surface well down, think i might hire myself a grater :lol:

Well I had an amazing night, just when I thought I was going home with just three coins (all silver), I hit jackpot! The story is that I was detecting the same spot where I had the previous 4 florin spill, though upon return to detect the surrounding area, it only gave up three more small silvers (1936 3p, 1947 3p, and an 1890 6p).

After an hour of gridding up the area, I moved further away to a spot I had already previously looked over. Still nothing surfaced, so thinking outside of the square, I tried to run the Deus over the deep bark and leaf litter around some of the larger trees, an area I had neglected due to being near on impossible to get the coil close to the ground surface. I had only worked half way around the first tree, and was greeted by a banger of signal, though thought it might be junk due to the strength of the signal. I was actually holding the coil a good 30cm off the ground to prevent it from snagging on the annoying sticks and fallen branches, so had my doubts whether it was a coin. Anyway, I decided to dig, and thank god I did.

Once I had cleared all the crap out of the way, the first target out of the hole was a 1944 penny. Thinking that was a bit unusual, I rechecked the hole, and was still getting an extremely strong signal. Digging a bit deeper, I pinpointed a 1943 penny, followed by a 1946 hp, 1948 penny, 1954 florin, 1953 florin, 1951 florin, 1947 florin x 2, 1952 florin, and last target was a 1950 6p.

The florins were literally stacked on each other, so am thinking they must have been buried, not dropped back in the day. In the pics you can actually see the marks on the pennies from where they were stacked on each other - one half is like new, with the other being corroded.

11 pre-decimals in a single spill is a record for me, and I doubt whether I could beat that any time soon, if ever. :eek:

Other finds include some pocket watch parts, very small key, and what looks to be the a sink plug. Happy days! :D

1447176133_img_20151111_025125.jpg

1447176168_img_20151111_025209.jpg

1447176195_img_20151111_032147.jpg

1447176227_img_20151111_032324.jpg

1447176260_img_20151111_032216.jpg

1447176285_img_20151111_032107.jpg

1447176319_img_20151111_032248.jpg

Well done GP, You are a star, I think that it is amazing what you are doing with the Deus, forget about other machines But this one is opening up new grounds for you,

The Condition of those coins are like they were lost yesterday, Congrats mate,, proud of ya.

John

Thanks RR, I was giggling like a little girl when the pinpointer kept going off every time it went back into the hole, though pity they didn't see fit to bury a sovereign with that lot as well ( getting a bit greedy). :D

Goldpick said:
Thanks RR, I was giggling like a little girl when the pinpointer kept going off every time it went back into the hole, though pity they didn't see fit to bury a sovereign with that lot as well ( getting a bit greedy). :D

I know how you feel, I have hit one or two spot that have had the same effect, If there is a Sovereign out there then it's only a matter of time before it's yours, Just one word of advise,, Please be careful when digging with all the excitement because I buggered a Beautiful Half Crown that must of been lost week after it was minted, I still look at it now and I can't believe I did it,

Take Care and thanks for sharing them with us,

john

Coin spill from heaven mate well done!!! My best is 6 penny's and half penny's, don't think I'll ever match this spill you found. Awesome find.

Ramjet said:
HOLY $#!T. Outstanding GP. A coin spill we all wish for. Amazing stuff. And only one '47. :D

Thanks Rod, there were actually two 1947 florins, though the 1951 florin is the most pristine coin of the lot - looks like it was dropped yesterday. Just need to do some coin friendly cleaning today to see how they all come up.

Atom, I think the object you are referring to might be a foot off a table, or possibly off a car window winder, probably a bit light for a table cloth weight.

Well,... I like it all from start to finish and everything in between,... nice haul full of smilin gear GP,... Hats off to you mate ! :eek: :p :D :D

Got a bit bored tonight, so off to a tot lot for a quick fix on some spendables, something I haven't done for a long time. I did ok hitting the grassed areas surrounding the play equipment, as usual the tot lot was the most productive, digging just about every target. The most promising find was a nice looking ring, though unfortunately a junker (very nice looking junker at that). I knew as soon as I pulled it out of the bark that it was a junker, the conductivity was way too high for gold. Oh well! 8.(

1447683819_img_20151117_001853.jpg

1447683844_img_20151117_001944.jpg

1447683865_img_20151117_002005.jpg

GP You Are DA MAN, Don't ya just love how those Coins all cleaned up, I Gotta say You and that Deus are a Bugger of a Combination, Awesome stuff, and the most consistent Rate for finds I have seen since I hit that place over here 4 years ago, damn that machine is Good and your set up must be spot on,

Cool mate, keep up the good work,

john

Latest posts