Windows 10

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheSilentBugler said:
I'll hold off a little, never been a good windows on release.

I'm With you TSB, let's see if it has any issues and let them get ironed out first.
In my experience any new model, being car, dirt bike, O/S etc has issues.
Let's see shall we.

Remember reading some while back that every 'Second Release' of the Windows O.S's was a fail.

...So the 1,3,5,7,9 releases were all successors, and each of the releases that fell on 2,4,6,8 were problematic.

Good to hear the cycle has been broken, Doug :)

well guys.. i'm here to tell you that i am no it engineer...but or.. so.. i download w10.. as they said to do... thats when i lost my wifi con. i am bloody mad angry. so i go to the help thingo with micro soft...guess what..no bloody help at all.. so i get a fix that requiers me to go to the admin command type in reg clean bla bla bla..like 15times..result it does not compute..turns out it does'nt work for like millions of people..what to do.. so now i got a direct connection cable and that works..but oh woe is me i want my wifi for gods sake i'm furious..damn.

Gday,

After reading this topic this morning I went and installed Windows 10 on my PC. I took about an hour to fully install and I have had no real problems with it my printer and scanner are working fine as well as the tv card.

The only problem that has risen is that currently Windows 10 doesn't support Eyefinity set up. I run 6 monitors off my graphics card and when Im gaming I link 3 monitors to create one big wide screen across the bottom with 3 single screens above.

I have found out that if you have installed Windows 10 and arnt happy with it you can roll the installation back to the previous window very easily.

I have done this on my PC and it took around 20 minutes to complete.

click Start then, Update/ security, then recovery and follow the steps.

You have 1 month form the date of installation to roll back.

cheers

Bob

Thanks Mate for respecting my opinion. :) :)
So far so good with this one but,
There is a dark side.
I hate the information sharing side.
They have taken the onus of the server side of things and am now applying it too a desktop PC.
Update if not found on a Micky soft server can be fetched of a local PC or over the net.
There is one big down side to this.
We are being given the Bell's and Whistles but at a big cost.
I would hate to type in some thing about blowing some thing up or be a online gambler.
More to come shortly.

Terrraaustralis2014 said:
Remember reading some while back that every 'Second Release' of the Windows O.S's was a fail.

...So the 1,3,5,7,9 releases were all successors, and each of the releases that fell on 2,4,6,8 were problematic.

Good to hear the cycle has been broken, Doug :)

I heard on the radio today one of the chain stores having a laptop sale with "free windows ten update" as if they are supplying it. :8
But you " must have an internet connection to update." anything to get a sale I guess.

I heard that and am seeing it on TV. I wonder when they will correct it and say Win 10 is a free upgrade offered by Microsoft.
Stinking internet scourge.
Advertising.
Hate it with a passion.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

i took balmain bob's lead and went back to w7..i'm a happy chappy.. wifi and all ..beauty!

Had a few late nights with this now and I am fairly happy with it. The printer issues I reported was solved by itself.
My printer is a Wifi device and all it did was reinstall the software it self.
To a new version. LOL
Only thing I take offense to is the data collection policy. That may change shortly according to a few other Tech Heads
so we will see what happens.
Summing up, For a general User I would not fault it.
To a tech Head there are a few dislikes about the OS but I take it those issues will be revamped in the not to distant future.
I found an article that closely mirrors my thoughts on Win 10 so have a read and have a think.
http://www.techradar.com/us/reviews/pc-mac/software/operating-systems/windows-10-1267364/review/1
Also do what I did before installing.
Manually down load your main key drivers first like your Network adapter driver,
your wifi driver, display adapter etc.
That way if you end up in a loop you can update manually to at least get a net connection for trouble shooting.
This is standard practice to do along with backing up your files, photo's etc.

Drivers for my games are my biggest concern. Pretty sure all the work stuff will be ok, but I too run multiple monitors on both game and work machines.

I also have networked machines and am curious to see if a Windows 10 machine will allow access from a Win 7 machine. I think the front desk pc wont have enough grunt to run windows 10.

Its probably the only thing holding me back.

SteelPat,
I tested Win 10 on a 3 year old Hp desktop with 4 gig ram and built in AMD graphics.
Runs very well for general usage.
Do you have a bit of file sharing going on.?
I would love to see what it would do on a high spec machine.
I have a High End Gigabit Dual processor board about 2 years old that I am thinking on resurrecting.
Can handle a quad monitor Card that I have.

My Medion Laptop is Win7 Home Premium with 4GB RAM and 64bit Dual Core op sys, 700GB HD.
As far as i know it will work ok with Win10.
Jaros :p

My desktop is Win XP a piece of s--t. 12 yrs old-ex gov HP DUAL CORE .

The one machine you have the Database on, Max it out with RAM.
Patch it with Eth 1000 Cat 6 and what ever switch you are using, Have it on port 01.
Really depends on what you are doing with it. :D

Basically already done. My concern is that if I put Win 10 on this machine and leave one of the others on Win 7 will there be issues. I remember when Win 7 came out and trying to get XP to talk to it was a pain.

Latest posts