What were you doing half an hour ago?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went for a quick swing down the park at the end of the street, pocketed some shrapnel for my time, I continue to dig 16's chancing 20c vs ring pull hehe but it's only 2 or 3C out so pulled up stumps pretty fast and came home to chain watch the Detectorists. Gotta get a fix somehow right?
1531030079_det.jpg

Hmm back to back posting feels dodgy but I just got back from the trashy park of mine. The penny is in really bad condition, I gave it a spray and a gentle rub while down there and my heart skipped a beat for a sec, Comm penny 19?0. Under better light at home, it turned out to be a 2 so 1920 Comm penny. Super crap condition but would have been nice to say...yeah I found one, even if it was a shitter. I'm not all concerned with ruining it by cleaning because it's in such a bad way so right now giving it a bit of a soak in vinegar, lemon juice and salt lol (can see the detail much better but the patina is buggered, there are sneaky tricks to false patinas though)

1531129850_img_1497.jpg

RM outback is that a Samba or Rusa? I can not quite tell. Also congrats to the young fellow for getting his first
On behalf of RM I'm pretty sure it's a little samba spiker. At that size/age it should be bloody beautiful meat.
Well done to the young bloke from me as well. :Y:
Rob.

Hotrob said:
RM outback is that a Samba or Rusa? I can not quite tell. Also congrats to the young fellow for getting his first
On behalf of RM I'm pretty sure it's a little samba spiker. At that size/age it should be bloody beautiful meat.
Well done to the young bloke from me as well. :Y:
Rob.

Your right HR :Y: Samba, sorry missed your post shakergt, answered in the pm though. Certainly does taste good I'll post in the cooking thread tomorrow with the recipe :Y: it's the best venison I've ever had :Y: :).

Latest posts