A gift from brother (palmer pay)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and again

Looking forward to this

Thanks Brother and XIV for the information

I have to drive five hours to pan so should be good to get my eye in at home

neil

Order Confirmed: #00005

Thank you for your order at Golden Spear Mine. Once your package ships we will send you a notification email. Your order confirmation is below.

Order Number: #00005 (placed on March 8, 2017 05:39AM EST)

Good on ya Brother, thats a great gift!

Kane, if your dropping by after mid April your welcome to the guest bed at our place mate.
The wife and I will have the keys to our first house by then :D

Hi Brother.
Well rec'd my "bag o dirt" on Thursday.

I hadn't panned prior to this and only bought the pans last week.

I emptied approx 1/4 bag into pan and straight away could see some colour.
Ended up doing 3/4 of bag and after figuring out some sort of technique, I was able to siphon (wrong word maybe) off the gold and get it into my little glass vial (Pic below)

Still not sure how to get the bits of dirt out of the vial.
Mate I am stoked that I could buy this from you.
I learned quite a bit panning and then repanning over the last few days.

Maybe haven't got panning down pat yet, as was only in back yard, I think it will come when I am dowen at a creek panning.

Thanks
neil

1489816796_goldspear.jpg

hehe I stll have 1/4 of bag left for another rainy day

NeilM said:
Hi Brother.
Well rec'd my "bag o dirt" on Thursday.

I hadn't panned prior to this and only bought the pans last week.

I emptied approx 1/4 bag into pan and straight away could see some colour.
Ended up doing 3/4 of bag and after figuring out some sort of technique, I was able to siphon (wrong word maybe) off the gold and get it into my little glass vial (Pic below)

Still not sure how to get the bits of dirt out of the vial.
Mate I am stoked that I could buy this from you.
I learned quite a bit panning and then repanning over the last few days.

Maybe haven't got panning down pat yet, as was only in back yard, I think it will come when I am dowen at a creek panning.

Thanks
neil

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6992/1489816796_goldspear.jpg

hehe I stll have 1/4 of bag left for another rainy day
Mate. Make sure you season your pan. If you haven't already.
Get some dishwasher liquid and give it a good scrub with the rough side of the sponge.
Do it so the water doesn't bead off the pan.
It will help with your panning.

What's a bag worth and how do I go about getting one. Holed up at the moment the bag could cure an itch and excite the grandkids.

I have four grandkids the eldest two 5 and 3 year olds are keen as mustard to find treasures with Pop. I reckon a bag of this might do the trick if a bag is available.

What a great idea. I'd be interested in buying some myself only I have so many unfinished things on the go.

XIV said:
Mate. Make sure you season your pan. If you haven't already.
Get some dishwasher liquid and give it a good scrub with the rough side of the sponge.
Do it so the water doesn't bead off the pan.
It will help with your panning.

XIV

Ok Thanks for that
You guys are awesome with your help and tips.
Yep, I noticed the water was beading. Will do as suggested.

Also wondering - The packet says there may be tin inside.
How do you recognise raw tin?
I did notice specks of shiny black material

Also notice there was one clear little ball in the pan, it almost looked like a clear ball bairing(spellcheck)?

Neil

Moneybox said:
What a great idea. I'd be interested in buying some myself only I have so many unfinished things on the go.

Grandkids will do that to you MB :lol: wouldn't have it any other way though.

The 5 year old draws maps and puts multiple "X's" on it and gives me a run through of where I need to travel on his map to find the treasure :Y:. I don't need the bag or the gold in it I've hit the mother load with the grandson's maps. The advantage of the bag will be painting some excitement in the whimsical minds of the grandkids :Y:.

Thanks NelM, haven't paned much myself in the last 15 years or so. Keen to get a bag and have some fun with the grandkids :Y:.

Might even buy a few extras to excite the adult kids as well :Y:.

BigWave said:
Unfortunately mine was mis-delivered (tracking says delivered, but not received). I have an enquiry in with Aussie Post.

good luck with that!, nothing but lies and deceit from them, i'll bet ya dont get it.

i really hope you do but passed experiences tells me its gone. im close to the same area as you and been through the waiting game with them a few times.

they most likely wont even contact you and just hope you go away.

worst service iv'e ever had at au post.

Latest posts