What were you doing half an hour ago?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are moments when laying in bed that all of a sudden you just feel so comfortable. Every sore part just seems to slip into a nice soft groove in the comfort layer and it is just heaven. I find that spot sometimes like this morning and don't move a muscle. Even the heart and breath rate slows--heaven.....zzzzzzzz.
Jaros

Yep, cool autumn mornings do it for me too.Wake up, take out the ear plugs, listen to the magpies singing, the lorikeets screeching and blissfully full back in to a nice cosy snooze.

Pulling apart a Carver Chair which is over 150 years old and sanding it all back for re-assembly, it was my great grandfathers. Having to treat it very carefully, very fine tolerances in many of the joints, lots of curved rails and stiles. Looks like they used old pearl glue.
It even has one side rail covered in dog teeth marks, it looks like his old collie must have enjoyed a chew on it at some stage, going to leave the rail as is, gives the chair even more character. I'll be reupholstering the seat but using leather or vinyl rather than cloth.

Will post pics when finished.

Latest posts