A gift from brother (palmer pay)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XIV

Kane
Reaction score
Early this week, I got a message from brother.
Titled ( got a gift for ya )
I need an address to send you something.
On Friday afternoon when I got home. The wife said " Got some mail from Rob "
I opened it up and had this little package inside.
1488017662_2017-02-25_16.11.55.jpg

So I got a little excited.
So I opened it up and put it in a clean up pan.
1488017811_2017-02-25_16.12.25.jpg

If you look closely you can see a few bits in the dry pan.
This was clearly seen by my father in-law, who had a big smile, and an even bigger smile when I put the pan down. As the wife had asked me to put the little one down for a nap.
I came back out and the old boy was still sifting through the dry dirt with his finger, and putting some of the bits of gold to one side of the pan, still with a big smile on his face.
"Hey, there is some gold in here"
I told him to leave it alone, and you can help me pan it out tomorrow.

So today when I got home from work, I headed straight to the shed to get out the panning tub out and filled it with water. With the old boy watching on.
1488019244_2017-02-25_16.13.03.jpg

After a quick wash, I started to pan it out.
Every time I washed out the dirt, I could see some small gold in the heavies.
1488019592_2017-02-25_16.13.29.jpg

1488019626_2017-02-25_16.13.48.jpg
1488019669_2017-02-25_16.14.09.jpg

I took my time with it, as the tin isn't the easiest to pan out.
I'm sure I missed some of the really fine gold, but I'll re run it on the miller table.
Some of the gold is that small you can barely see it.
I give anyone the challenge if they can pan it out in one go, and anyone still new at panning, it is a great way to learn.

I had so much fun panning out the small bag of good old palmer river concentrates from brother Robs mine.
1488020234_2017-02-25_16.14.34.jpg
1488020280_2017-02-25_16.14.57.jpg

So after I panned out to clean gold, I dried it out and put it on the scales.
1488020388_2017-02-25_16.15.16.jpg

After this i decided to smelt it down into a little button. Just to remove any of the small bits of sand, tin and dirt from the gold.
1488020522_2017-02-25_16.15.38.jpg

All in all. I ended up with just a touch over half a gram of gold.
Not bad from a 300gm bag of concentrates.
I think I might have to buy a few bags off him and give them to some friends as a present.

If anyone wants to try a bag of Palmer River dirt, send brothe a PM.
I'm sure he can help you out.

Cheers Kane.

I'm sure brother will jump on this trend soon enough, with any info anyone has to ask.
Not sure on costs.
But i do believe its the concentrates from his mine after a run of pay.

Looks like nice paydirt, pretty concentrated for 300g! Would love to know the price and how to order a bag.
I have tried some paydirt from other places in the past when the boredom of not getting out had set in. Most of it had a fake "feel" to it like it was just salted dirt, with exactly the amount of gold they wanted you to have in it. This stuff looks like the real deal.
The stuff Boulders was sent from The Yukon looked pretty decent too.

Ok, Its the concentrates and Gold content from about 2yards of paydirt from the mine, worth in each bag.
Just sharing some of the madness I have with others!

If you can pan this stuff you can pan anything.
more info, reviews and a website about it all very soon!

I must talk to the mods first!

Thanks Kane, and I'm very happy you liked my gift!, I was just trying to make you wish you where here! lol

Brother said:
Ok, Its the concentrates and Gold content from about 2yards of paydirt from the mine, worth in each bag.
Just sharing some of the madness I have with others!

If you can pan this stuff you can pan anything.
more info, reviews and a website about it all very soon!

I must talk to the mods first!

Thanks Kane, and I'm very happy you liked my gift!, I was just trying to make you wish you where here! lol
Soon enough I'll be back up in fnq to catch up with friends.
And hopefully excape for a day or 2 in search of some fnq gold.
Its been just over 12 months since I left cairns.
Miss the place every day

Good review mate, I did a review too for Brother, as you say very hard to pan, went back a second time and found more. I was the same as you as I was panning the gold kept showing up in the heavies, boy it's hard to keep it down.

I'll add some shots for you all. This is good paydirt, I'm not sure what Brother will be charging, but there will be a website up next week I believe.

Here is what I got out of my 300gm bag.

zbXv6vY.jpg

So, I re-ran the cons.
After classifying it down to 30, 50 and 100 mesh.
Panned out the + & - 30, with no losses
Ran the -50 & -100 in the bluebowl.
Had 2 bits of -50, and 9 bits of -100 sized gold.
So I think I did a pritty good gob of panning it out.

would be very interested to run a bag through, only being new to panning, this would be a good test, keep us all in the loop when you have bag available please.

cheers

Website by tomorrow arvo I hope, I 'm much better at finding gold than doing this computer website stuff!! Its OK I'm getting help with it!
Hard rock mining be easer I think!?
Some bags can be found at Leading Edge in Mareeba and the Palmer River roadhouse.

Just about there! :8

Geez I miss Cairns! Was there for 12 years but moved to Rocky for a woman that is now my wife. Have been away from paradise for the last 8 years and feeling it. Need any shot firers up there?? Lol. Very interested in panning and /or sluicing but very difficult in Central Qld.
Anyway hooroo for now :Y:

Yep Great Thread.
I would buy a bag or two when available.

Have not panned yet (just ordered the panning kit from MD)
This seems a great way to learn.

neil

NeilM said:
Yep Great Thread.
I would buy a bag or two when available.

Have not panned yet (just ordered the panning kit from MD)
This seems a great way to learn.

neil

That's the idea mate, when I bought my panning set I had to wait a week before I could drive 2hours then dig and pan for another hour thinking it was probably hopeless, I was never going to get gold like Wal & Liz, was almost 2 months before my first flypoo of the stuff! Only 4years ago and it was all posted on this forum.

The Gold & Mineral panning sample bag would help give you the confidence to go out and pan the whole world! You may get a touch of the Gold fever?
Gold also likes to go to Gold, no harm in a half gram ish head start! :cool:

Dirt Monster said:
Geez I miss Cairns! Was there for 12 years but moved to Rocky for a woman that is now my wife. Have been away from paradise for the last 8 years and feeling it. Need any shot firers up there?? Lol. Very interested in panning and /or sluicing but very difficult in Central Qld.
Anyway hooroo for now :Y:
Cairns is Awesome, Yep got a spot that needs a shot! May be hard rock mining yet!? May catch ya when you come up?
Rob

Latest posts