What are your other hobbies??

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bazza2210 said:
Ham Radio, freshwater and saltwater fishing, building electronic gizmo's
G'DAY Bazza. I am into Ham Radio as well (VK4NLS).as Campertrailing, fishing (salt), 4x4 driving, Golf, cooking, touring Australia, general handymanning. :)

Jaros said:
bazza2210 said:
Ham Radio, freshwater and saltwater fishing, building electronic gizmo's
G'DAY Bazza. I am into Ham Radio as well (VK4NLS).as Campertrailing, fishing (salt), 4x4 driving, Golf, cooking, touring Australia, general handymanning. :)

My call is VK2DLI and I have had my amateur licence since 1978 (way back when morse was a requirement)

I wonder if there are any other Amateurs on the forum

Cheers
Barry

banksy said:
camping
4X4
fly fishing
fitness
and waiting on Greg to finish panning his concentrates( just jokes mate ) ;)

Your a funny fella aint ya ;)
About a year ago I was addicted to online gaming on the PS3. But thinking of it now since starting this hobby I havent even turned the damn thing on.
Other than that, I used to go round to my mates place alot at cookamidgera.
We used to do all sorts of stupid things that involved cars. Bikes and booze. One of my favorite things was the bonnet sled. It was a bucket seat bolted to bonnet and dragged around the paddock on a long rope.
Imagination was our limmit

Hi guys some of my work
1403863462_img_1244-optimized.jpg
1403863499_img_1863-optimized.jpg
1403863509_img_2036-optimized.jpg

Thought I already posted something in this thread, but obviously not!
I am also a member of the secret society of amateur radio - VK2EF.
Other hobbies include cooking, red wine and rum, fishing, and I am pretty serious about strength training.

Gold prospecting is number one then 4x4 driving, Bush walking followed by Electronics it used to be Tennis (B grade player tried out for the Australian Team but just missed out on a place) but those days are long gone now and Fishing.

Phantom said:
Kayak (6 meter Sea Kayak) fishing, fresh water and Ocean(not too far out - love Depot Beach.

Camping, the less facilities the more I like it. Love a 3-4 camp using the Kayak (Tallow Dam is my favourite spot up near fossicker Flat - 16km from dam).

Dancing (Rock 'n Roll and Rockabilly). Actually going to have a dance on Sat, my favourite band "The Flattrackers", Rockabilly band from Newcastle. Playing at the Matraville RSL Sydney. Any old rocker its a great night.

Food Cooking and eating

Keeping the girlfriend happy( I don't see this as an optional hobby)

Phantom

This isnt you in the Kayak is it mate :eek:
1403908695_kayak-on-shark1-optimized.jpg

Sorry Hams, VK1KJM = Mackka
VK4NLS = Jaros
VK2DLI = Bazza
VK2EF = Dr Duck
Just keeping them together.
I have Kenwood R2000, Kenwood TS440S, Kenwood AT 200, Kenwood SM 220 Station Monitor, ICOM 706Mk11G thru a LDG IT-100 TUNER (it is the main one i use) , MFJ 945E Tuner, ICOM 751A, Icom 725 and 729, KLV 550 Linear to help them along.
Iuse a G5RV 1/2 WAVE Dipole diagonally across the back yard, an IMAX 2000 24FT VERTICAL and a 2 metre omni vert about 30 ft up in air. :p

My gear - Icom 9100, Yaesu FT857, Yaesu FT450, Ameritron AL-811H linear, Yaesu G-1000DXA rotator, 10/15/20 meter 3 element tribander at at 27 feet, 70cm/2m high gain vertical at 40 feet, 12dbi cross polar yagi for 2m that is not up yet, full G5RV that blew down that I haven't put back yet (prospecting has my attention at the mo), numerous handhelds for CB, DSTAR, 6m and 70cm ...phew I think that is all ... oh and a yaesu FT1802 as a packet node with a permanent link via 11dbi yagi up to my mates place at Wollongong and a member of the Illawarra Amateur Radio society at Wollongong.

Feel free to start a "Hams Radio" topic guys as it sounds like we could have a quite a few members who are into it. Schhh over. :lol:

I've got hounds ' bloodhounds ' beagles ' harriers ' foxhounds ' bluetic coonhounds ' l love scent trailing deer ' foxes ect' have done lots fishing and motorbike riding ' now days I just go hunting ' sometimes I find a shaft and go back for a look see ' or pan a creek or to with the family' - spend the rest of my spare time building things to cook with ' keg roasters ' swing over barbies to make life in camp that bit more ridiculous ' just finished a fold up fire box to put under the tarp on wet days ' with a flue stretching out side ' can cook on the top -. Building a pizza oven in the shed ATM that I can get inside of '''' so I would say I like design and welding and the out doors oh and cooking food !

Latest posts