What are your other hobbies??

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me it's fishing I have my special spots that don't let me down I own a boat and fish on good old Lake maquire. Also love camping or just getting out in the bush walking my dogs or horse riding.

Trace said:
For me it's fishing I have my special spots that don't let me down I own a boat and fish on good old Lake maquire. Also love camping or just getting out in the bush walking my dogs or horse riding.

Hay Trace.
I have a mate who lives at Valentine and go out with him occasionally. We have landed some great squid off Green point reserve near the marker buoy as well as some good jackets.
We have also taken some monster whiting near Marks Point walking the shallows.
Great fishing spot.

Cheers
Mick

Bonnells Bay good crabbin also got my first 40 cm bream and large flathead we got a silver travally a few weeks back and hooked something that just about spooled me if I landed it I would of had bragging rights for life. :D

Beagleboy said:
Ramjet said:
I've had a few hobbies over the years. Hunting, fishing, ice hockey to name a few.
Family is important
Cooking has been the longest hobby I guess. Love the basics, making bread, jams n sauces, smoking meats, making cheese....
Camping as well.

I love ice hockey. I use to play when I was a kid growing up in Europe. Over there ice hockey is huge.
My son was playing rugby union so I really enjoy watching that now.
Apart of that I play bit of golf, love taking the Jeep out and getting it dirty and camping. I like potting around the garden and grow my own veggies. We also have chickens.
I use to breed discuss fish and grow bonsais. But I have given up on that. (Not enough patience) :)

I use to play ice hockey aswell, been awhile though.

Its interesting how many of us have the same interests outside of prospecting and fossicking. i think i have at least tried all the different hobbies list, havent stuck with most of them but at least tried them.

I have thought about taking my detecter out to Rathmines and having a swing

Have heaps
The main one being SLEEPING i can Do it any time.
At the moment
Fitting and machining......tool making.
Sewing.......i know yah sissy.........seriously heavy duty machines.
Tinkering in the blacksmith shop. I do it all week for a living so i just practice on weekends. It's in the blood.
Prospecting........ah yeah mate.!
Hunting my first love.......i mean hunting is my first love.
Some times paper punching (target shooting)
Pistol shooting (now retired from competition shooting as i can't see the targets anymore)
Fishing.......sorry i mean catching.
Cycling (retired pro cyclist) now just an old fart on a bike.
Camping (now with all the comforts of home)
4x4 driving.
Oh i forgot work......i just love my job.......shoeing and trimming horses......out doors all day every day.
7am start.......arrive at first job.......light gas forge to warm hands......throw in some horse shoes to get ready.
Get to work. Coat off by 7.15am......blue singlet by 7.30am life doesn't get much better.
I don't take holidays as my whole life is just one big holiday.

So there are my hobbies.
I think i will just go and have a sleep now.
Cheers
TheSmithy.....!

Nugget said:
motorcycles, i always had one up until i broke my neck, and no not from riding, raced MotoX and speedway and a short stint road racing on a Bultaco Metralla MK2.

Heres my last bike, i miss riding alot
My Moto Guzzi Mille GT "Milly"

My dads rebuilding his 6 Cylinder CBX 1000 (now 1351), this thing will do over 300kms an hour no problems. Here's a video of the engine which I don't believe was completely finished at the time.

I thought it might be something you would be interested in watching. If I can get some pics of the bike I'll post them up.

Nugget that thing is awesome music to the ears . Those Carbys are a nightmare to balance and tune but it sounds like he got them absolutely spot on.

Beautiful . Someone should give that man a medal

I am amaised at the guys mucking about with old bikes.. I have a small fleet of early Kawasaki zeds (18) and 1 Suzuki I have restored over the years.. They give me great pleasure to play with and are a part of my retirement plan.. When I sell them in years to come they will be worth a motza and I will sell them for cash and the gov will not be getting any tax from them.. ;) Over the last year or so I did up my first ever z 1000 1977.. Owned it for about 33 years.. It now has been modified (still looks very original) to over 1400cc.. Sort of detuned drag race engine.. Cant wait to see some youngster try to breeze past grandads bike.. :)

Trace said:

I had a house at Kilaben Bay, we built it in 1972 over looking the lake, i sold it in 1992, i sometimes wished i never sold it but i couldnt afford that and a house in Melbourne.

Lots of memories on the Lake

Love to take my 4x4 out whenever I get the chance, usually combined with prospecting. Also do a bit of bushwalking from time to time usually in winter due to the extreme temps during spring and summer.

main one is fishing any kind deep sea to rainbow trout
Spear fishing and diving,
motorbike riding bush mainly when i get my parts to fix it anyway
photography
and dabble in house designing on the computer

Mines fishing, then scuba diving for scallops or spearfishing. At the end of the day I brew beer and rjn a still fof moonshine.

Nugget said:
AussieTreasureDigger said:
Ahh motorcycles, i always had one up until i broke my neck, and no not from riding, raced MotoX and speedway and a short stint road racing on a Bultaco Metralla MK2.

Heres my last bike, i miss riding alot
My Moto Guzzi Mille GT "Milly"

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/8876/motoguzzi01resize.jpg

My dads rebuilding his 6 Cylinder CBX 1000 (now 1351), this thing will do over 300kms an hour no problems. Here's a video of the engine which I don't believe was completely finished at the time.

[video=480,360]http://youtu.be/UBCv9zZRZzE[/video]

I thought it might be something you would be interested in watching. If I can get some pics of the bike I'll post them up.

Sounds great real nice tune..

When the CBX1000 1st came out there was a huge jump in deaths on bikes from people who had no idea how to handle the power, an L plater could ride one back then. I took one around Bathurst for a test run one easter and dropped it, gave it a mit full out of a corner, huge tank slapper and away we went :eek:

I like bikes too, my parents have a couple of Buell S3 Thunderbolts with racing kits in them, will do nearly 100 in first gear, I have no idea of top speed but idle down a street in first or second gear and you set off car alarms. :) The power is not as aggressive as the Japanese bikes but they wind out very nicely.

Love to do home distilling,making my own beer,wine,meade,also would love to try making smoked meats,dried meats etc.camping,fishing,4x4n in the bush with the family and stoked I can indulge in metal detecting and relic/bottle digging!!and also one which my family doesn't realy like much,smoking a fine cigar every now and again,only say a few a year tho.special occasions only.next hobby,doing up an old fj ute :)

Latest posts