What are your other hobbies??

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scuba and snorkelling with my 2 boys
All types of Woodworking, got me a lathe, bandsaw blah blah etc.
Being on the water either Kayaking or in the boat chasing some fish of sorts.
Get the old Excalibur out and combine the diving with underwater hunting.
Just basically being out in the scrub soaking up the ombieance (if that is how you spell it)
ATM still renovating the house is my biggest hobby. Wont be heading bush for some while soon.
Cheers
Brad...

Mine is gardening, I think it is really exciting when I don't kill stuff that I plant!! More exciting when it survives..... I don't have a massive backyard but it is amazing how peaceful it seems when you look around and a few small patches of veges/herbs throughout a maintained garden... The next best thing to being in the entire outdoors!
Hillbillies Wife!

kawman said:
I am amaised at the guys mucking about with old bikes.. I have a small fleet of early Kawasaki zeds (18) and 1 Suzuki I have restored over the years.. They give me great pleasure to play with and are a part of my retirement plan.. When I sell them in years to come they will be worth a motza and I will sell them for cash and the gov will not be getting any tax from them.. ;) Over the last year or so I did up my first ever z 1000 1977.. Owned it for about 33 years.. It now has been modified (still looks very original) to over 1400cc.. Sort of detuned drag race engine.. Cant wait to see some youngster try to breeze past grandads bike.. :)

Hay Kawman.
I have a 1976 Husqvana 390cr mx bike in pieces in my shed that my mate dug out of the tip at Braidwood.
I have scrounged all the parts I need through the net now all I need is the time to fix er up.

I will not go into the resto thing on this site.. I am also doing up a 1977 YZ400 Yamaha stump jumper at the moment.. It takes time and patience to get things nice but it is very rewarding in the end..And they are becoming very valuable as we go and are a great investment for the future... You have found another kind of gold.. ;)
backcreek said:
kawman said:
I am amaised at the guys mucking about with old bikes.. I have a small fleet of early Kawasaki zeds (18) and 1 Suzuki I have restored over the years.. They give me great pleasure to play with and are a part of my retirement plan.. When I sell them in years to come they will be worth a motza and I will sell them for cash and the gov will not be getting any tax from them.. ;) Over the last year or so I did up my first ever z 1000 1977.. Owned it for about 33 years.. It now has been modified (still looks very original) to over 1400cc.. Sort of detuned drag race engine.. Cant wait to see some youngster try to breeze past grandads bike.. :)

Hay Kawman.
I have a 1976 Husqvana 390cr mx bike in pieces in my shed that my mate dug out of the tip at Braidwood.
I have scrounged all the parts I need through the net now all I need is the time to fix er up.

kawman said:
I will not go into the resto thing on this site.. I am also doing up a 1977 YZ400 Yamaha stump jumper at the moment.. It takes time and patience to get things nice but it is very rewarding in the end..And they are becoming very valuable as we go and are a great investment for the future... You have found another kind of gold.. ;)
backcreek said:
kawman said:

Hay Kawman.

Kawman,
I think as an investment they are valuable at the moment but "as we that are left grow old" and like these old bikes the younger generations coming through won't have as much interest in them and the value will drop. When that will be who knows!

My other main hobby is Amateur (HAM) Radio. It is the next progression along from when I started playing around and talking to my mates on CB radio as a teenager, I really enjoy being able to turn the radio on and having a chat with someone in another part of the world.

The wife and I also enjoy camping and 4X4, we are planning on packing the house into storage next year and spending 12 months travelling around our great country, I will combine this with fishing and radio and also now prospecting.

4WD and Camping with fishing and bushwalking ......completed my qualifications in Terrestrial and Aquatic Ecosystems but only use the knowledge for my self so I really enjoy the interaction between the various aspects of nature..
Had lots of bikes but remember my Bultaco Montadero and my Harley Dyna Glide the most...all gone now unfortunately
Remote travel still has to be pretty high on the list.
I spend too much time talking to people in my day job so the peace and solitude concept is really such a breathe of fresh air (excuse the pun)

regards

richard70au said:
My other main hobby is Amateur (HAM) Radio. It is the next progression along from when I started playing around and talking to my mates on CB radio as a teenager, I really enjoy being able to turn the radio on and having a chat with someone in another part of the world.

The wife and I also enjoy camping and 4X4, we are planning on packing the house into storage next year and spending 12 months travelling around our great country, I will combine this with fishing and radio and also now prospecting.

Hello Richard

What's the callsign? I'm VK2EF

Regards

Chris

DrDuck said:
richard70au said:

Hello Richard

What's the callsign? I'm VK2EF

Regards

Chris

G'day Chris,

VK2BO Nice to meet you.

I've heard you about, maybe on 40 meters. I'll say hello next time. I mainly hang around on HF digital modes.

Jim Andrews here in Goulburn held VK2BO for many years before giving up his license a few years ago. He is in his mid 90's now, and was a stalwart of our club for a long time.

I collect/breed tarantulas
Cast iron antiques anything different - dungeon - medical etc
Pro - burnout comps - now building a drag car and the classics of course - I aim to have one of everything! almost do haha - caddy - lincoln - chevs - chrysler hearse - twin spinner - single spinner - ek etc etc etc
Guns!
and I cross stitch to keep a bit of the girly in there

misscadillac1964 said:
I collect/breed tarantulas
Cast iron antiques anything different - dungeon - medical etc
Pro - burnout comps - now building a drag car and the classics of course - I aim to have one of everything! almost do haha - caddy - lincoln - chevs - chrysler hearse - twin spinner - single spinner - ek etc etc etc
Guns!
and I cross stitch to keep a bit of the girly in there

COOL!

Prospecting is my brand new hobby but other then that

Hunting-mainly deer with both traditional bows and rifles.
4WDing
RC Planes (big ones :) )

Some of the bows I've owned

MattC said:

4WDing

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m95/excelpoint/96.jpg

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m95/excelpoint/gilsale.jpg

Some of the bows I've owned

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m95/excelpoint/IMG_0016-1.jpg

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m95/excelpoint/P1020777.jpg

I can't believe the amount of people with cool and varied hobbies out there.

Very cool people!

hahaha Heads Up! well no not really!!
the girls eat the boys (cause y'know thats all ya good for you see!!)
so its kind of takes a bit of work to make it happen!

MattC said:

4WDing

love the bows . i used to build them when i was a kid , but my arrows flew as straight as a dogs hind leg ;)

i have a friend who hunts for pigs with just a dog and a knife that he stole from Paul Hogan , and sometimes he uses a bow too......

i am not that brave ( and no blood lust )

used to build remote controlled planes too when i was a kid . but on a 50 cent budget :D

misscadillac1964 said:
hahaha Heads Up! well no not really!!
the girls eat the boys (cause y'know thats all ya good for you see!!)

yeah i noticed that whole male oppression bit - we are gonna rise up one day when we get a note from our mums :8

so its kind of takes a bit of work to make it happen!

you mean Lynx aftershave and romantic music ?

and even with your notes you'd still ask me if it was ok to use it! ;)

haha of sorts! A soft bristle brush and a very quick 'save the boy' action is needed before she chomps him after he's done his job.
and if your too slow! it takes her all of a couple of hours to make a 20cm leg span spider a little mushed up ball the size of a pea

HeadsUp said:
i have a friend who hunts for pigs with just a dog and a knife that he stole from Paul Hogan , and sometimes he uses a bow too......

i am not that brave

I know people around Inverall who do the same. Big leather collar/chest protector for the dogs.
Their whole family get involved - mum, dad & all the kids

Latest posts