Wals' Hi-banker Specifications

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
limpalot said:
Expanded mesh seems to work well, long as you have a mat under it that it can pull down into to stop water getting under, thus pull material through too. I split my mats into 2 so I can check where the gold is falling, all at top or some at back, most should fall in first 12".

Matting under expanded is OK in bankers which rely on vortex catch zones only. The "Walbanker" is designed on a two fold principal where vortex catch zones are created in the "Crate" section ( which has either miners moss or woven matting underneath). The expanded in front has "NO" matting of any kind under it and relys on the principal of Displacement only.

Current flow is regulated so a bed of heavies holds up in this section, trapping the gold underneath this bed. Lights will be displaced first, then slowly the heavies. Gold, other than a small amount of flour gold, will not get displaced and build up in front of the first "vertical" riffle, which is the "C" channel holding down the crate section. This "flour gold" will get trapped in the vortex zones of the crate section.

Wal.

limpalot said:
HAS wAL GOT ANY PICS OF THE BANKER WORKING, SHOWING THE SPAY BAR "EFFECT". wANT TO GET AN IDEA OF THE SPRAY AND WATER FLOW.
Cheers All. Sorry about caps lock.

If you go to the "Member You Tube section" and scroll down half way on page 2, you will see a vid on "High Banking with the Boys"...WalnLiz. This vid shows one of my bankers in use. ;) Other vids on the WalnLiz You Tube channel as well.

Wal.

WalnLiz said:
nucopia said:
Just got back from the local scrap metal yard with a few finds for the wal banker.
Found this slopped expanded mesh its hight is 15mm
Can any one tell me if it is the correct mesh ?
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/5588/1441249805_image.jpg

That mesh will work perfectly in a banker with similar dimensions to the ones I use. Mesh between 14mm and 17mm in height will work as efficiently as each other and "sloped" is what I prefer for gold only versions of my bankers. "Catwalk", vertical sided is preferred when prospecting in an area that has Sapphires and high SG gemstones with the gold.

Wal.
Thats good news Wal

Following the measurments from the posted PDF. Also good to know I didnt waste the $5 it cost to buy the mesh and I dont have to keep searching for more.
Next task is find a bread crate and get the matting from bunnings.. Is there a specific name for the matting at bunnings ?

Any coarse woven rubber matting will do mate...the coarser the better. Places like Clarke Rubber also stock similar matting. I prefer mine to be backed, but that isn't totally critical as un-backed is pressed just as firmly under the crate and will still work well.

Wal.

Bunnings stock the Bayliss 60 x 90 Ultimat. I've used these and find they do the job extremely well. I think they go for around $29 and you can get 4 banker mats out of one mat.

Wal

Tathradj said:
Take this picture to Big W mate.
Cost about $13.00

.Post number 8
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=11736

Thanks Tathradj

Found a bread crate tonight , not sure if the size of the squares are big enough.
What do you think ok ?
1441282729_image.jpg

Any one need a bread crate, when ever I see them I think of u guys and grab them lol iv got 2 on hand for who ever wants to come get 1. Im only giving 1 per person so everyone can get their banker going

Located in melton vic.

Made a visit to Bunnings today to scout out the spray bar couplings and pipe.
Could only find elbow joints 2inch reduced to 1 inch or 1.5 down to 3/4 inch nothing to fit a 2 inch hose to an elbow and reduce it down to a 1.5 inch spraybar pipe.
Looks like I have to look else where

PVC pipe for the legs are available in 38mm x 1 meter lengths.

Latest posts