Wals' Hi-banker Specifications

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that Wal, I was getting a little concerned I made a mess of things... 1 more question if i am mainly after gems do i use more expanded mesh? or still use the bread basket configeration you mention and i am not sure the size of the vertical expanded mesh..I watched your youtube clip over and over and was guessing the mesh size in comparrison with your fingers lol

1441163460_image.jpg
I need to know the diameter on mm of the 6 holes for the spray bar.
Does any one know exact measurement ?
On the plans it says 25 ?

The spray bars are passive.
If you make the holes too big, You can bush them down if you like.
They will just sit there and just be,,,, Spray bar's , :D :D
No need to worry and besides, You will have more scope to work with later on if you get the itch to adapt.
1441182470_spray_bars.jpg

Thanks guys
I am getting the holes cut in the sheet metal before all the peices are put together and welded up.
i was posting on the forum to ask the size of the six holes, but I just told my mate to go ahead and drill them out, so I can fit a 1 < 1.5 inch ag pip through the holes.
My biggest issue now, is where to find some cable tray for the classifier and the slopped mesh.
If any one has some spar let me know. Thanks

And remember,
Owing to the design of the WalBanker, You can increase the cutting power of your spray bars but you must be
able to maintain the volume of water to operate within the capabilities of what it is designed for. :D

Cable tray is from an electrical store like TLE.
Sloped expanded mesh from a Metal Fabricator and take a picture from the forum with you on your phone.
Makes it a little easier. The specs are in this thread. :D

Thanks Tathradj.
I tried doing that. I took my iPad with me to show the local metal store the wal banker pictures of what the cable tray and slopped mesh looked like. They said they could only order it in for me in full size sheets at around $75 each sheet and cut me off what I needed. But $150 for the small amount i need is a bit much.
My next mission is to visit the local scrap metal yard and see if they have anything. :|

With only a small amount of expanded aluminium sheet required when making a high banker, it almost becomes as hard to find as the gold. I am still looking for some without having to resort to purchasing a full sheet. I was able to find a small amount of upright catwalk mesh which I will have to suffice with for the time being.

willo1 said:
With only a small amount of expanded aluminium sheet required when making a high banker, it almost becomes as hard to find as the gold. I am still looking for some without having to resort to purchasing a full sheet. I was able to find a small amount of upright catwalk mesh which I will have to suffice with for the time being.

My mistake was going to the local metal market and buying my aluminium from them new , istead of approaching my neighbour who works at the scrap metal yard. Costly mistake.. :rolleyes:
I spoke with him today to ask if the yard had any of the cable tray and expanded mesh and showed him pictures of what I was after.
He told me he has 3 full sheets of aluminium put aside at the yard and I could have bought it By the weight, which is $1 per kilo.. :eek:
Your best bet is go visit your local scrap metal yard and see what they have.. You could find a bargain and save some $$$$
Best of luck willo!!!

Sposed to be 12 mm tall, with vertical sides, not sloped, altho I have a piece like yours since I cannot find the catwalk grate anywhere. Let me know if I can buy a piece of the aluminum catwalk from Wal or somebody? Would gladly pay $75-100 for the catwalk stuff shipped to USA, zip code 60502.

-Tom V.

pauly250 said:
For any of you groovers out there that are chasing cable tray John R Turk electrical wholesalers usually stock 2.4 metre lenghts 300 mm wide for about $25 ,should be enough for 2 highbankers

Pauly T
Gday Pauly
Just called John R Turk at Warnervale and they have the cable tray 2.4m x 300mm for $35 per sheet.
They have branches in ACT,NT,NSW & QLD

http://www.jrt.com.au/branch-locations/

tvanwho said:
Sposed to be 12 mm tall, with vertical sides, not sloped, altho I have a piece like yours since I cannot find the catwalk grate anywhere. Let me know if I can buy a piece of the aluminum catwalk from Wal or somebody? Would gladly pay $75-100 for the catwalk stuff shipped to USA, zip code 60502.

-Tom V.

The height looks right for sloped expanded which nucopia is reverring to. There are two different al mesh types in Wal's design. The sloped expanded mesh is 16mm high, catwalk/walkway vertical mesh is 12mm:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=104332#p104332

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=40399#p40399

Jon

Expanded mesh seems to work well, long as you have a mat under it that it can pull down into to stop water getting under, thus pull material through too. I split my mats into 2 so I can check where the gold is falling, all at top or some at back, most should fall in first 12".

nucopia said:
Just got back from the local scrap metal yard with a few finds for the wal banker.
Found this slopped expanded mesh its hight is 15mm
Can any one tell me if it is the correct mesh ?
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/5588/1441249805_image.jpg

That mesh will work perfectly in a banker with similar dimensions to the ones I use. Mesh between 14mm and 17mm in height will work as efficiently as each other and "sloped" is what I prefer for gold only versions of my bankers. "Catwalk", vertical sided is preferred when prospecting in an area that has Sapphires and high SG gemstones with the gold.

Wal.

Latest posts