Tuena creek stolen sluice box /pump/pans

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure why you have targeted my comment Doug.
The fact is there were indeed "scum in town" whom were responsible for the theft.
My comment was aimed at no particular person or group and definitely referring to visitors or blow ins and not a local. I have no idea and made no inference as to who was responsible.

Similarly you warned me off posting about blatant dredging at Nerrigundah last year to the point of moving the thread. Again, No person or description was mentioned?
The more we talk about these illegal activities which threaten our hobby the more people will be aware and keep their eyes open.

I will not be "careful" about my comment and nor should I be warned off about it as it was a fair and just comment and not at all directed towards any locals of Tuena.
I detest dishonest people and will make a noise about these low lifes when its warranted.

Cheers
Creekbed

Tathradj said:
I have just got back.
Better be a bit careful on the " Scum in Town again" Comment Cobber.
Yes, I know that I passed comment but that was very carefully worded and I have just
drove the point harder.
A Young Fella I know there is being branded as a suspect and I don't like it.
A decent bloke has half the town looking at him now and I know for a fact
he had absolutely nothing to do with this low act.
Quite a few folk's have commented that there was some very shady characters staying there that Weekend in the Camp Ground
when the gear was lifted.
The folks in Tuena are hard working honest people and some one local being looked at as a suspect does not abode very well
with me.
They did have an issue a while back but that has been cleaned up.
Gossip is a killer and I know it well personally.
The whole Family are pretty upset that the rumors are pegging him.
I will stand and tell any one that he had absolutely nothing to do with it.
As a person, I am deeply upset about this.
As a moderator, I will remove any hints pertaining to who or what may have done this lower than a snakes bum act.

Creekbed said:
Tathradj said:
I will keep an eye out this weekend.
That is a very distinctive sluice.
Looks like there is another set of trouble makers staying in Town.

You mean there have been other scum in town Tathra?
That is a bloody shame. Tuena is, as Bushgold said a lovely town with lovely people. I've been going there for over 20 years now although not as much in recent years

The sad truth is that online forums are part of the problem and it is very possible it was someone who reads or visits this and other forums.. More exposure, more low lifes.

Its very hard to move around at Tuena without being noticed, seen or heard. Hope they get what they deserve! :mad:

Don't take it as offense or think that I was singling you out Cobber. LOL
I made the same mistake and just wished to clarify a touchy subject. :)
As for the Nerrigundah thread, You ran a very high risk exposing your self to some
people doing a very highly illegal activity and also could jeopardize a lawful prosecution.
I had a lot of advise about that one.
Good on you for taking the initiative to step up to the plate.
I also did offer to talk to you about it but you declined.
We all hate pricks like this destroying it for every one but a bit of sensitivity goes a long way Mate. :) :)
I hope you now see the reasoning...

And,
That thread is still there.
In the archives. :) :)
And I still have the dialogue between the both of us.

Yah she put it up there when she found out she has been really helpful........ yes there has been a couple of things stolen up there or sabotaged from what I've been told .... yes there scum bags thay need to keep there hands off other people's things.
Thanks Bushgold

Hmmmm. I don't like the sound of all this. Tuena is my 'go to' town and up until now I have left my equipment down by the creek. It sucks that I may have to re-think that now because of some 'scum bags'. Any yes they are 'scum bags'. I hope you get your gear back and the 'scum bags' who stole it get the justice they deserve.

I saw two blokes with a dredge at Tuena last year. They only had it in the camp ground, not using it. They were intending to, but one of the boys we were with was a policeman as his second job and I think they overheard us talking around the fire that night. They left pretty early the next morning without using thier dredge or saying goodbye... How rude... Lol :eek: :D

shivan said:
Bush gold i have no idea if it is related, but a mate on another forum saw a marten marks sluice for sale on gumtree and thought of you. Is there any way you could identify yours?
Here is the link to the ad:
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/ashfield/miscellaneous-goods/gold-sluice-box-dredge/1150221576
Sorry shiva for the late reply Iv been away and thanks for thinking of me when you seen it but unfortunately it is not mine as you said yes there are some markings on mine and I well know sluice when I see it
Thanks again Bushgold

i hope u get it back sadly id say long gone mate but karma is assured they will nv find :N: gold i hope a tiger snake crawls in their tent

Latest posts