Too much snow.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greglz86

Greg Anderson
Reaction score
Went to go out to try my new sluice today. Got to Grabben gullen then decided to turn back.
Yeah, nah stuff that.
Is anyone silly enough to go out in this weather?

Ill go out in anything if I have the time off. However not many gloves that can fix ice cold creek water from making you think twice about it.

Been digging in well below 0 degrees before. Just not used to snow. Im like a spooked horse around the stuff lol. Didnt get to see alot of it as a kid.

I love the Snow, I Once Drove from the Sunshine Coast to the Snowy Mountains to see Snow and when I got there There was No Snow, So when I got home a week Later It Flaming well Snowed there,lol

Over Here the Snow has been almost Non existent, I Bought Extreme Cold weather Gear and it's Only gone down to -12*c So I have never worn any of it, My Boots Are Rated to -100*c and the Canada Goose Parka I bought it rated Lower than -70*c and I have got -50*c Sleeping Bags, I'm Not Taking Any Chances,lol

Ill still have a look around in the snow , I headed up to Oberon last week but ended up stuck in town due to rd closures . The main thing I fear is falling trees when traveling .
1437258551_20150713_091743.jpg

Wow that's an awesome view! No snow here in SA. Always been a dream of mine to see the snow though and build a snow man. Then I can teach my snow man to operate a sluice on my behalf.

We dropped in on the way back from Canberra when I was about 14 and had a look and play in the snow. (No idea where, about an hour out of the way) only time I've ever seen snow. It doesn't snow in Mt Gambier usually. Not in my life time anyway. My mum told me snowed once when she was younger back in the 50's or 60's. It gets cold enough, but for some reason doesn't snow.

No snow at Oallen today, but plenty of water.

Thought I might get a maiden Walbanker run in before they close the road in August, but the high river level thwarted me on the west side and the construction site on the other.

Went looking for a track a bit further south that Wal had told me about for accessing the river further downstream. Ended up in a spider web of muddy tracks, and having AWD and not 4WD I didn't get too far before common sense took hold and I turned around.

Took a drive down Mogo Rd on the way back to see if there looked like being access to any of the old alluvial workings on the western side, but all locked up behind private property. That'd be right.

Oh well, it was a nice day for a drive. Anybody want to buy an unused Walbanker lol :( ....

Greglz86 said:
Thanks for making me look like a big sook guys. ;) :lol:
nice pics joe and garyo :D

Don't feel like a sook mate , locals say they haven't seen this much snow in Crookwell at least 20 years. :)

Ridge Runner said:
joe said:

Great Pictures Joe, Thanks for posting them,

It makes me laugh over here because although it does Snow, That so many people don't have A Clue how to Drive in Snow, Where I use to live over here I use to spend the Winter Towing People who were stuck or just could not Drive in it,

Got heaps more mate, this weekend gone through two sets of chains just cleaning all the mess and managed to bog the truck twice lol, :) the ground is like pudding - take care out there

Latest posts