Too much snow.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1437531438_image.jpg
1437531266_image.jpg

This last weekend a few km from sapphire bend, the smaller dog is a pit bull, she looks like a foxy with half her legs buried lol

When I lived in Japan with my wife years ago she was from an area that snowed pretty heavy every year.
I had a job teaching English to primary school kids and a few evenings a week i taught high school kids at cram schools till about 8pm. On these nights I would often meet up with other teachers at the local Japanese beer snack house callled the Samurai, it was a typical rustic Japanese establishment that on entering made you feel welcome and that you were taking a step back in time Great big mugs of beer plenty of Japanese finger foods fr iendly owner and staff and best of all, a Kototusu, you sit at it at floor level and the table has a skirt to cover you from the waist down While your legs fdanngle down into a recess build into the floor. It also has a heater built under the table so you stay there warm as toast enjoying the food the beer and as the evening wore on, the beer and snacks flowed while you wormed frozen limbs and got a warm buzz and a full tummy.
The last round of drinks was always a hot bottle of sake so by the time you finished drinking it and were ready to get on your push bike and ride home ( for me that was about a kilomtre ) you didnt care about the cold or hitting the pavement when you took a tumble on iced roads. :D
I never liked the snow but I loved going to the samurai on my way home.

Greglz86,

I did a day trip to Grabben Gullen on Sunday. There was still snow on the ground and the creek was up a bit and running pretty well. Water was a bit dirty, and it had been a bit higher too.
Water was darn cold.
Sieved for few hours for a few small sapphires. There is some nice new was down near the bridge from a rock higher on the bank. Very good example of how gravel builds up on the downstream side of a rock when there is decent flow.
Invited my brother in law to come but he woosed out on me so just went solo.
Not sure after today's rain, but next weekend could be good for the sluice!

Terry

Latest posts