Getting old?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moneybox

Philip & Sandra Box
Reaction score
How do you know if you're getting old?

We recently took a pleasant holiday to Vanuatu. Much of our time was spent snorkelling the coral reef at various spots around the island of Efate. We also snorkelled with the fresh water fish in crystal clear water and enjoyed having table sized fish taking bread out of our hands. However, you may have noticed we didn't film any of it.

The GoPro is usually packed in the bus and is attached to the headband so that we can film our gold finds. Well it seemed quite reasonable to just grab it and shove it into the suitcase to take to Vanuatu, however the first attempt at using it failed. I blamed the battery so recharged it overnight and tested it in the morning to make sure it was working. The next day we were snorkelling a new patch of very colourful reef with hundreds of beautiful tiny fish. It was bucketing down with rain so our main concern was that we might get wet but we went in anyway. The water was warm but we had freezing cold water pelting us in the back and the raindrops appeared to be bouncing off the top of the water. It was a great day out but once again the GoPro let us down.

It wasn't until we were packing all of our wet stuff ready for the trip back up the beach that Mrs M said "Where's that cover thing for the camera?" And then the penny dropped, I'd forgotten about the waterproof pod that the GoPro should be housed in. I'd drowned the camera, not just once but again on the second attempt. I don't think it's ever going to come back for another go :rolleyes: .

And then the penny dropped, I'd forgotten about the waterproof pod that the GoPro should be housed in.
Hi MB. Is that an older model? We have a Hero 7 Black (which is now at least 4 or 5 years old) and the whole thing is waterproof. The housings are just for attaching stuff these days.

Stick it in rice and see what happens but likely dead unfortunately :(

It was bucketing down with rain so our main concern was that we might get wet but we went in anyway.
😀
We were in Coffs Harbour recently & having a swim one humid afternoon. It started raining & my youngest daughter said "Dad it's raining"
I said "well ya better jump back into the pool before ya get wet then"
Took a few seconds but she got a giggle out of it. The older daughter just rolled her eyes & said "Dad joke".

Hi MB. Is that an older model? We have a Hero 7 Black (which is now at least 4 or 5 years old) and the whole thing is waterproof. The housings are just for attaching stuff these days.

Stick it in rice and see what happens but likely dead unfortunately :(

No I think we're out of luck. It came with a waterproof pod when we bought it.

Latest posts