Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My iPad does the same thing sometime, from memory it's got to do with the way you hold the iPad, wether camera lens is bottom right or top left. Shows in photos as correct way up but when you post it flips.

Ded Driver said:
Hard Luck said:
RM Outback said:
Where do you buy the Trinidad scorpions from HL I've got a mate who is a chilli freak and I've got a challenge for him. I obviously want the real McCoy so he doesn't substitute it with another :lol: this bloke is good at playing tricks :| so I said I'll buy and deliver :p

From memory I got that one and a Carolina Reaper from the B shop. I've overwintered that one but saved seed and have a few growing in pots this time around. All about medium size. I didn't bother too much with labelling the two as they are just as hot as each other.

If you are driving by I'm happy to part with one of them. They are slow growers and probably won't produce much this season. But they are easy to overwinter if you have a sunny sheltered spot for them.

I usually dry mine and grind them into powder using a coffee grinder. Just have to extra careful with them. I started grinding inside last year and within the second shot the whole household was spluttering and coughing so i had to wear some PPE outside. Even then my eyes copped it.

haha they are nasty to handle. ]:D
Last year I actually succeeded in dehydrating & powdering some of the C/Reapers, T/Scorpion & regular T/Cardi Habanero chillies.
The rest I make pickled onions to lift your roof off :bomb: :skull:
I really enjoy a bit of hot and spicy but these chillies would be extreme burnie Burnie :fire: :fire: and last for ages!
Ive been caught twice with extremely hot chilli :N: one was when my son brought these things called worlds hottest corn chip an Ozzie company and ya get them online, tried one, took a small bite and my god they were so hot it took my breath :fire:
But the worst one ( and a lot of people know this product) was a thing called death sauce, didnt see the bottle at the time as it was in a small bowl and me mate says try this chilli sauce its good :N: yeah right good my ass it was instant volcano hot that not only took my breath away and had my eyes watering but I kid ya not it was agony for 15-20 minuets :N: and the quicker I shoved ice blocks in me gob the quicker they seemed to melt 8.( 8.( no fun at all :N:

1550576812_c1.jpg

1550576848_c2.jpg

Just did a bit of a review of this thread. You guys and gals sure now how to get a blokes saliva flowing.

:drooling:

Billy said:
Hard Luck said:
Lovely looking cookups there Billy.

really love the mutton. Hoping to get a hold of some one day. :Y: :Y: :drooling: :drooling:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...7562_96ecf856-a022-472e-95a4-250d148acf05.jpg

Cheers HL and if you were closer I may be able to sort something out.
Hope you can get hold of some soon, it definitely has the edge on the younger cuts of meat IMO.
:cool:

Don'y know if i can source any locally Billy. I have asked a few local butchers over the last few years and they all look at me like i am some demented drug crazed meat eating freak.
Think I'll have to hit the hipsters up closer to the city for some of this.

Hard Luck said:
Billy said:
Hard Luck said:

really love the mutton. Hoping to get a hold of some one day. :Y: :Y: :drooling: :drooling:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...7562_96ecf856-a022-472e-95a4-250d148acf05.jpg

Hope you can get hold of some soon, it definitely has the edge on the younger cuts of meat IMO.

Don'y know if i can source any locally Billy. I have asked a few local butchers over the last few years and they all look at me like i am some demented drug crazed meat eating freak.

Hitting up hipsters in the city is going to cost you PLENTY. The city hipsters are only interested in cash and plenty of it so they can swap profit stories while having a double chai latte to wash down their smashed avocado at their favourite roadside Cafe.

I'll see what I can do for you HL.

RM Outback said:
Hard Luck said:
Billy said:
Hard Luck said:

Hitting up hipsters in the city is going to cost you PLENTY. The city hipsters are only interested in cash and plenty of it so they can swap profit stories while having a double chai latte to wash down their smashed avocado at their favourite roadside Cafe.

Yeah I know RM. I'll just throw a couple of avos at them :p . Still trying to source a few chunks to cook.

Hard Luck said:
RM Outback said:
Hard Luck said:
Billy said:
Hard Luck said:

Yeah I know RM. I'll just throw a couple of avos at them :p . Still trying to source a few chunks to cook.
Gday hard luck
Hey just a thought , but could it be worth going straight to the source and ringing up a few sheep farmers close to home ?
ya might just get lucky and ya probably wouldnt pay all that much for an older sheep :perfect:
Another Avenue worth exploring :)

Fillet steak with oyster Kilpatrick sauce. Bacon, garlic and French shallot flamed with brandy, worstsrshire, cream and a little parsley, half a dozen Pacifics thrown in at the end. Sweet potato chips and a salad on the side.

The bloke next door runs the local Abbs. They only kill sheep for the export market, so it's certain they kill mutton. I'll have to ask for some, because I like it a lot, having had it regularly when I was a boy in the '60's.

1550748038_fb_img_1550747552425.jpg

Latest posts