Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some stuffed shrooms and ABTS :p

1550753041_e4137fd8-1f4c-4029-90d8-709480b19736.jpg

Licking windows said:
Hard Luck said:
RM Outback said:
Hard Luck said:
Billy said:
Cheers HL and if you were closer I may be able to sort something out.
Hope you can get hold of some soon, it definitely has the edge on the younger cuts of meat IMO.
:cool:

Don'y know if i can source any locally Billy. I have asked a few local butchers over the last few years and they all look at me like i am some demented drug crazed meat eating freak.
Think I'll have to hit the hipsters up closer to the city for some of this.

Hitting up hipsters in the city is going to cost you PLENTY. The city hipsters are only interested in cash and plenty of it so they can swap profit stories while having a double chai latte to wash down their smashed avocado at their favourite roadside Cafe.

I'll see what I can do for you HL.

Yeah I know RM. I'll just throw a couple of avos at them :p . Still trying to source a few chunks to cook.
Gday hard luck
Hey just a thought , but could it be worth going straight to the source and ringing up a few sheep farmers close to home ?
ya might just get lucky and ya probably wouldnt pay all that much for an older sheep :perfect:
Another Avenue worth exploring :)

Aha!! I see what you did there.

Once a jolly Hard Luck camped by a billabong
Under the shade of a Coolibah tree

la la la etc :lol: :lol:

Just kidding :)

Hard Luck said:
DrDuck said:
Fillet steak with oyster Kilpatrick sauce. Bacon, garlic and French shallot flamed with brandy, worstsrshire, cream and a little parsley, half a dozen Pacifics thrown in at the end. Sweet potato chips and a salad on the side.

I think you are secretly a chef Dr Duck

I did work in the industry for about 5 years, but that was 40 years ago, HL.

DrDuck said:
Hard Luck said:
DrDuck said:
Fillet steak with oyster Kilpatrick sauce. Bacon, garlic and French shallot flamed with brandy, worstsrshire, cream and a little parsley, half a dozen Pacifics thrown in at the end. Sweet potato chips and a salad on the side.

I think you are secretly a chef Dr Duck

I did work in the industry for about 5 years, but that was 40 years ago, HL.

Set you up with a great set of skills, :Y:

Evening All,
It's been quite a while since we've had any luck hunting deer, however over the past few days Diana the Greco-Roman Goddess of the Hunt must have been in a good frame of mind and our luck changed. So it's only fitting that our first meal of venison for what seems like ages, whole fillets, should be prepared with a traditional Diane sauce, needless to say it did not disappoint.
1551347607_20190228_195107.jpg

Cheers, SinHof.

I better get busy cooking a storm up with a bottle of Red. :cool:
Got a rotisserie Barby with a bloody good smoker. {)

SinHof said:
Evening All,
It's been quite a while since we've had any luck hunting deer, however over the past few days Diana the Greco-Roman Goddess of the Hunt must have been in a good frame of mind and our luck changed. So it's only fitting that our first meal of venison for what seems like ages, whole fillets, should be prepared with a traditional Diane sauce, needless to say it did not disappoint.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/972/1551347607_20190228_195107.jpg
Cheers, SinHof.

Latest posts