Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HeadsUp said:
Beagleboy said:
HeadsUp said:
didnt buy it but if i wanted a small dozer for push and detect these would be reasonable entry level for price , better than spending $ 400,000 on a D10

http://www.graysonline.com/lot/0001...mobile-plant/1995-caterpillar-d3c-ser-3-dozer

and one in WA

http://www.graysonline.com/lot/0003...ile-plant/1995-caterpillar-d3c-series-3-dozer

You don't think small. I like it. Maybe we could split the cost. :)

they only sold for between 30 -43 grand each

quite cheap considering they had very low hours

those D3's are just little babies

One of my clients is in excavation business and owns a few machines. Apparently there is little difference between the price of second hand 26 ton and 40 ton excavator. He gets lot more work with the smaller machine.
This dozer is only a baby dozer but could be handy. :)

Beagleboy said:
HeadsUp said:
Beagleboy said:
HeadsUp said:
didnt buy it but if i wanted a small dozer for push and detect these would be reasonable entry level for price , better than spending $ 400,000 on a D10

http://www.graysonline.com/lot/0001...mobile-plant/1995-caterpillar-d3c-ser-3-dozer

and one in WA

http://www.graysonline.com/lot/0003...ile-plant/1995-caterpillar-d3c-series-3-dozer

You don't think small. I like it. Maybe we could split the cost. :)

they only sold for between 30 -43 grand each

quite cheap considering they had very low hours

those D3's are just little babies

One of my clients is in excavation business and owns a few machines. Apparently there is little difference between the price of second hand 26 ton and 40 ton excavator. He gets lot more work with the smaller machine.
This dozer is only a baby dozer but could be handy. :)

Yes

and a while back the hourly rate for a 5 tonne digger was almost the same as for a 20 tonner

regarding that D3 , you almost could fit one of those in the boot of your car with a slight adjustment ( can opener )

Two 450ml bottles of soft drink for $8.50 when we went down to Port Campbell to see friends at the Great Victorian Bike Ride, can't understand why local businesses seem to think it's ok to put their prices way up when an extra 5000 ppl hit town, they're gonna spend money in town anyway why rip them off :mad:

Today I ordered a life pump and a life straw for when I am out and about and have no fresh water on hand.
These are brilliant. Dont ever risk drinking stream water without one.

A cc pic from detect a den Batemans bay & a mackirk sluice a couple of weeks ago also from Detect a Den

Pr2cv said:
A cc pic from detect a den Batemans bay & a mackirk sluice a couple of weeks ago also from Detect a Den

Are you from the Bay area???

Oh and I bought a fridge slide for my ute back camper....

Sparra said:
Pr2cv said:

Are you from the Bay area???

Oh and I bought a fridge slide for my ute back camper....
H
No

I Just bought a portable satellite TV setup. works great and picks up all the free to air channels.

You can order from anywhere in aust. How much did they charge you Richard? Is it a Vast setup and did they supply the card as well?

Hi Pete,

We bought a sat dish and all for this season set it up at home and got it working fine, get out bush and nothing, the max we could get on the signal was 32%

Get back home after 7weeks out there and set it up and it worked, okay I must of done something wrong, next trip get out there and nothing

Get back home after 7weeks again and it works, what the.....

The dish I have is a mini-max 850mm dish and they supplied two lnb's with it but I just can't get the mongrel to work when I need it most

We contacted one of the phone numbers they supply if you have troubles and one of the messages was we have increased the signal to your dish try again!!!

WTF, the world is full of A/H's

So i'm a bit pissed off right now with the whole thing, has anyone got any ideas, i'm all ears

Ron

Yeah do more research. If the sat system works at home and when you go bush you are looking at the same piece of sky it will work. You need to double check all your adjustments and also make sure you are pointing to the correct satellite.
A good place to start is www.lyngsat.com to find out the satellite locations and what info each one has. Also you can not have anything in the way ie trees, roofs etc, it must be clear sky to the north. Also, you are using KU band so dont even think you can get C band programs. You are in the higher frequencies.
Check all your connections and dont overtighten them. Use a good compass. Optus C1 is almost directly north. If it works at you house and it was set level and you travel directly east and set it on level ground (use a good level) then you dont have to adjust elevation but if you travelled slightly north or south a 'small' adjustment may be necessary.

Latest posts