Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday I bought a H7 LED Lenser head torch - excellent light & features...
4177.gif

Yesterday I bought a knife/wader package deal from Ray's Outdoors...instead of $70 for the waders, they throw in a $25 knife kit, and only charge $49 for the lot!!

http://www.raysoutdoors.com.au/onli...let-knife-pack-49.aspx?BonusBuyId=RO14WK16-04

had to take a raincheck on the knife - they will ring me when they are back in stock...but I wasn't complaining, seeing as I could afford to put myself, and my boy in waders for the weekend Gippsland outing :D

woot my dector has arrived and is a the post office! gonna have some fun this weekend :D

Marked said:
Yesterday I bought a knife/wader package deal from Ray's Outdoors...instead of $70 for the waders, they throw in a $25 knife kit, and only charge $49 for the lot!!

http://www.raysoutdoors.com.au/onli...let-knife-pack-49.aspx?BonusBuyId=RO14WK16-04

had to take a raincheck on the knife - they will ring me when they are back in stock...but I wasn't complaining, seeing as I could afford to put myself, and my boy in waders for the weekend Gippsland outing :D

That sounds like a great deal and I did have a look at the website. Can anyone tell me what the size numbers equate to. Eg: is size 12 a 92- 94 waist etc. Confused 8.(
Also what sort of freight charges apply to this deal, I am in NSW central west.
Thanks in advance, Billy.

Billy said:
That sounds like a great deal and I did have a look at the website. Can anyone tell me what the size numbers equate to. Eg: is size 12 a 92- 94 waist etc. Confused 8.(

The sizes equate directly to boot size - the rest of the wader just "adjusts down" through tightening the belt or the shoulder straps to suit individuals. I would only imagine there being an issue if some-one extremely portly in build were wishing to fit into them...

I think there is an issue with having the deal delivered to you due to the size of the package - though if you are anywhere near a store, you can pay online and pick the items up. The deal is also in their current catalogue, and you can just walk into a store and buy it if you wish.

Marked said:

I got one of these today as well. Not a bad deal.

Are those made from green plastic ?

I have a pair made all from green plastic that I got from BCF but the boots are a bit slippery on wet rocks , there is another brand with rubber soled boots instead of plastic which I think would be better adhesion but I couldn't source them in time for a previous trip

Your deal is super el stinko cheap tho'

Marked said:
Billy said:

The sizes equate directly to boot size - the rest of the wader just "adjusts down" through tightening the belt or the shoulder straps to suit individuals. I would only imagine there being an issue if some-one extremely portly in build were wishing to fit into them...

I think there is an issue with having the deal delivered to you due to the size of the package - though if you are anywhere near a store, you can pay online and pick the items up. The deal is also in their current catalogue, and you can just walk into a store and buy it if you wish.

Thanks heaps Marked, I didn't even think of shoe size (brain freeze :eek:
). I also checked the freight calculator and for 20 bucks extra can have them delivered the next day via TNT. Still a good deal in my books :)

i already have one of these large flour scoops in my crevicing kit and for digging behind rocks , but i am sharing the type i use because they work extremely well

i have heavy duty gardening trowels and scoops that measure 40 mm , 65 mm and 100 mm wide , plus a dustpan and brush for the final cleanup

i am pretty hard on the gear but i didnt break the aluminium ones yet

you might find them cheaper somewhere else , and probably find different sizes too if you enquire

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Premium-...1150872771?pt=AU_Utensils&hash=item4175e5dcc3

A new Honda 2KVA generator,& whenI picked it up I noticed a Husqvarna Chain Saw on sale for 249$ so I bought one as well
A excellent price on the Honda @ 1612$ inc security cable & dust cover.
I'm now broke !

Pr2cv said:
A new Honda 2KVA generator,& whenI picked it up I noticed a Husqvarna Chain Saw on sale for 249$ so I bought one as well
I'm now broke !

Got to be happy with that..in my book you got the best on the market, and at $1612 you also got a bargain. ;)

WalnLiz said:
Pr2cv said:
I'm now broke !

Got to be happy with that..in my book you got the best on the market, and at $1612 you also got a bargain. ;)

Thanks Wal,

Yes,I think they are the best buy,especially if service is required Australia wide.

So quiet,& reasonably light in weight.

I got the deal at Generator Place at Kirrawee in Sydney. The sale person was "Matt"

It appears they are Australia wide with the head office in Brisbane

went to a country market today and found S.T Gills book of paintings - 'Australia's early Mining Era - South Australia 1841 - 1851.' ($10)
It is the partner book for his (vic) 'Goldfields Illustrated'

I bought a small ultrasonic cleaner at a garage sale last week for $15. :) works well, have used to to clean some modern coins that I found (wont be using it on older coins tho. :)

Sarn said:
I bought a small ultrasonic cleaner at a garage sale last week for $15. :) works well, have used to to clean some modern coins that I found (wont be using it on older coins tho. :)

i have been trying to find one of those thats wide enough to fit my highbanker mats into ( 33 cm width )

so far . as rare as rocking horse slippers

Latest posts