Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looked at what other forumites were using for beach shovels and did the Bunnings buy. Also saw the small scoop at Bunnings for $2.20 so here it is with some holes in it as well.
1385782439_screen_shot_2013-11-30_at_2.33.22_pm.png

Rusher said:
Two 450ml bottles of soft drink for $8.50 when we went down to Port Campbell to see friends at the Great Victorian Bike Ride, can't understand why local businesses seem to think it's ok to put their prices way up when an extra 5000 ppl hit town, they're gonna spend money in town anyway why rip them off :mad:

haha

ever tried buyin fuel on the nullabor ?

CreviceSucker said:
Rusher said:
Two 450ml bottles of soft drink for $8.50 when we went down to Port Campbell to see friends at the Great Victorian Bike Ride, can't understand why local businesses seem to think it's ok to put their prices way up when an extra 5000 ppl hit town, they're gonna spend money in town anyway why rip them off :mad:

haha

ever tried buyin fuel on the nullabor ?

Nullabor road house still operational? And there is the aboriginal one. Just make sure you lock EVERYTHING!

1385807574_20131128_160041.jpg

520 1200 piece of "slatwall" shop fitting board..

Used to make this drill press table

1385807707_img_20131130_083005.jpg

Next will be a new table saw and router table top..

I also made the featherboard and wooden clamp knobs

Cheers, Tone

Hey Tone - any room left in your man-cave now. You are one clever bloke. Please tell me you do home-brewing - if not - your talents are wasted.

excellant stuff mate.
I have a Triton saw table and router table, very handy gear to have.
Loamer I used to brew years ago, when I was a tad younger, and thinner.

1385812071_beer_beerracks.jpg

Redfin - do your remember Andy Capp home brew? the old man use to brew it and keep it in my wardrobe to let it settle down - used to blow up all the friggin time. I smelt like an old alcho. hmmmmmmmmmmm - beer.

Loamer. I used to home brew in the late 80's.. living in Bris at the time. I lived with a couple of blokes i was in the army with. We used to run two brewers at a time. It would take a week to be ready due to geat. So we just filtered into another barrel.put in a couple of kilos of sugar andvthe a day or so later we would put the unit in the fridge.. drink it straight out the barrel.. we did test it once with a hydrometer and it was about 8.5 -9%. It got us sh!tfaced.. and leave you with a hangover like no other i have ever experienced... 8)

Rooster Booster for the 4500 - going to check some deep iffy signals with a bigger coil in the next couple of days. even a 5% increase may make me half a chance. plus you can turn the whole lot off when starting up, planes overhead etc.

A green plastic shovel for beach metal detecting from Bunnings at $48.50
Same shovel that is used in the Frederick Barnes Utube videos.

Couple of axe handles.
I'm sick of using crap tools.
From a clean up job, scored a couple of Hytest axe heads. One, a Craftsman & the other a Racing axe :D
This all eventuated after fitting a new handle to my hatchet last week, which I found out is a Keesteel brand(quite desirable & holds an edge well).
1386023738_image.jpg

Will post up some pics from the axes once they is all sharpened, handles fitted, oiled & looking pretty

1952 'Handbook on Prospecting in SA' - issued by the Dept of Mines - SA. Didn't even know it existed. Soft cover - a wee bit fragile but in good nick.
1971 'Historic Guide to Bendigo - with map of goldfields, streets, lines of reef and principal shafts'. The Royal Historical Society of Vic. Mainly bought it for the map but a pretty good read as well I might add.

Latest posts