Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HeadsUp said:
Sarn said:
I bought a small ultrasonic cleaner at a garage sale last week for $15. :) works well, have used to to clean some modern coins that I found (wont be using it on older coins tho. :)

i have been trying to find one of those thats wide enough to fit my highbanker mats into ( 33 cm width )

so far . as rare as rocking horse slippers

You will only find commercial ones that big.

That torch looks good Nugget. I've taken delivery of a great little headlight, hopefully it will help out once I start my night runs which is approaching as Summer kicks in.

Wintersnake said:
HeadsUp said:
Sarn said:
I bought a small ultrasonic cleaner at a garage sale last week for $15. :) works well, have used to to clean some modern coins that I found (wont be using it on older coins tho. :)

i have been trying to find one of those thats wide enough to fit my highbanker mats into ( 33 cm width )

fleabay has them from $ 450 to $ 800 but i dont want to spend that much on something just to do a final clean up on my mats . if i can find one for under $ 120 or so i will be happy

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/JEKEN-ST...cal_Scientific_Equipment2&hash=item4615446b62

HeadsUp said:
Wintersnake said:
HeadsUp said:
Sarn said:

fleabay has them from $ 450 to $ 800 but i dont want to spend that much on something just to do a final clean up on my mats . if i can find one for under $ 120 or so i will be happy

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/JEKEN-ST...cal_Scientific_Equipment2&hash=item4615446b62

For around $120 your pretty much only going to find second hand ones, some of the early commercial units can e quite good.
I was chasing a big cleaner for motor bike engine parts for years but never found one at the right price. $1000 bucks is a lot for a parts washer.

Maybe a hand held steam cleaner could do the job ?

Wintersnake said:
HeadsUp said:
Wintersnake said:
HeadsUp said:
Sarn said:

For around $120 your pretty much only going to find second hand ones, some of the early commercial units can e quite good.
I was chasing a big cleaner for motor bike engine parts for years but never found one at the right price. $1000 bucks is a lot for a parts washer.

Maybe a hand held steam cleaner could do the job ?

yup got to agree with you there . 1000 bux is too much

the reason i was looking at ultrasonic cleaners for my mats is that little pebbles and gold get stuck in the miners moss and i think the ultrasonic will rattle them clean in about 10 seconds

currently i use a big plastic tub , put a bit of mesh on top , lay the mat on that and then blast the unbacked mats with a garden hose set to " shower " setting

it works 90 % okay but still leaves a few pebbles in the mat and wastes water

I got a new shovel power step works well digging in garden planning to take it to grabben gullen to give it good work out will let you know how it goes :)

Ooo, I would like one of those Sony camera's, I have heard good things about it!

Today I bought something less exciting, a Garrett edge digger. My trusty butter knife is going part-time, so I need a full-time replacement tool :p

SF

Yeh the camera is very light, hi res and waterproof. I also just bought a 2 man tent here in Bangkok at about $40. Just the right size in case I dont want to sleep in the Prado.

A Companion Aquacube Logic portable gas hot water system for camping. Has anyone else got these and are they ok?

kleinman98 said:
A Companion Aquacube Logic portable gas hot water system for camping. Has anyone else got these and are they ok?

Mine works really well.
Great view while having a shower as well.

1385292215_a021.jpg

Beagleboy said:
HeadsUp said:
didnt buy it but if i wanted a small dozer for push and detect these would be reasonable entry level for price , better than spending $ 400,000 on a D10

http://www.graysonline.com/lot/0001...mobile-plant/1995-caterpillar-d3c-ser-3-dozer

and one in WA

http://www.graysonline.com/lot/0003...ile-plant/1995-caterpillar-d3c-series-3-dozer

You don't think small. I like it. Maybe we could split the cost. :)

they only sold for between 30 -43 grand each

quite cheap considering they had very low hours

those D3's are just little babies

Latest posts