Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ChrisM said:
Went looking for some 1" hose for the small pump today. They wanted $9 per meter for it. Needed aprox 10 meters. Not gonna happen. So went to St Bunnings and lo and behold...22mm grey water hose $8 for 10 meters. I know its not 1" but with 2 rubber sleeves it does the trick. Bought 2 rolls, 20meters for $18 should do the trick for the weekend until I source the real thing.... :cool:

Bought connector for this same type hose , works OK ChrisM , if you cut off the rubber ends, you can fit the bigger size connectors, with a bit of persuasion

G'day

ARB Skydome swag. Yes I did have a little try of it at work last night. Very comfy :rolleyes:
1368833448_image.jpg

Cheers

Chimpy

headbut17 said:
ChrisM said:
Went looking for some 1" hose for the small pump today. They wanted $9 per meter for it. Needed aprox 10 meters. Not gonna happen. So went to St Bunnings and lo and behold...22mm grey water hose $8 for 10 meters. I know its not 1" but with 2 rubber sleeves it does the trick. Bought 2 rolls, 20meters for $18 should do the trick for the weekend until I source the real thing.... :cool:

Bought connector for this same type hose , works OK ChrisM , if you cut off the rubber ends, you can fit the bigger size connectors, with a bit of persuasion

Hey Headbutt
Make sure you road test it before you carry it to the feild. Took mine to Tuena at the last meeting so as to run the Little-Wal-E Banker i just built with the small pump. I had all sorts of problems getting water up to the pump and I ended up scrapping the idea for the time. Im thinking because the hose is ribbed it traps tooo much air in the line and my small pump cant cope with it [1.5HP]. Getting some lay-flat this week just to be prepared.
Cheers
Chris

G'day

Sorry to butt in. You'll get the best result from rigid smooth bore hose for the supply. I use 8ft of what looks like radiator hose I found up a tree in the creek after a big flood. A foot valve will keep the pump primed and prevent any air in the line

Cheers

Chimpy

ChrisM said:
headbut17 said:
ChrisM said:

Hey Headbutt
Make sure you road test it before you carry it to the feild. Took mine to Tuena at the last meeting so as to run the Little-Wal-E Banker i just built with the small pump. I had all sorts of problems getting water up to the pump and I ended up scrapping the idea for the time. Im thinking because the hose is ribbed it traps tooo much air in the line and my small pump cant cope with it [1.5HP]. Getting some lay-flat this week just to be prepared.
Cheers
Chris

Hey Chris , I have mine attached to 12v bilge pump & work OK with the little sluice, but not sure about the Wal HB though , but you have now answered that !! Cheers Paul

Geeezzz Marty, that's one ginormous furnace you got going there, :eek: recon you could smelter 1/2 kilo Gold Bars in that thing. Cheers Wal :)

Some 1" lay-flat 50meter roll. Some rigid hose 1"x8meters. Total spent $140.

Now to hook up the small pump and see if it works
20130521102121.jpg

Almost forgot. A spare set of wheelbearing kits for the caravan....just in case !!!!

1369104696_shed.jpg

Now Agman, that is what I need for my new shed. Gotta build one of those babies.
Might make it a tad smaller but for a wood heater in a shed it should be th ducks nuts for sure.
My shed is almost finished then it is onto the house build.
Thanks for the inspiration on the wood heater.
Cheers
Brad

Today I bought a gold pan...yep brand spanking new!!! I just need to get it dirty and fill it with shiny stuff.....hummmm just tried to upload the image but failed , never mind better luck next time

Hi aadelaidean, please see the link in my signature for optimising images. I'd say the file was too big.

Thanks Wal, seems to be the weapon of choice for a lot of people out there.
The 11" was a bit troublesome at Ophir, lead kept getting caught on shrubs,
should fix that issue nicely.

Latest posts