Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not yet Goodie maybe by next Wednesday the 28th

This is the finished cages, it allows for additional cages to be added on top and I probably need to order another level soon..
I also need to make it weather proof with a cover and place it inside a 3x4 meter coop that Im building but havent finished yet.

1611102379_1889574c-4d92-4819-82fb-6022bf6b2a2f.jpg

Keeping all this info. in my old computer [ brain ! ] is not easy !

Talking about the Garmin GPS .

fwdoz said:
Today I unpackaged & put together the GPX5000 I bought from Lesgold.

Looking forward to getting out in my fave spots.

Good luck mate, best of luck.?
Position the bungee on the stem so when you pick the machine up holding onto the bungee it hangs at about the angle when you actually grip it. Clip it too your harness and then adjust tension so it hovers just above ground when you are standing in your search stance.

Don't wrap lower portion of coil cable around stem. Have it run straight down back of stem, secured in several places with velcro straps or tape.
Where the coil cable is connected to the box, strap that to the stem to prevent any movement.
Hope to see some pics of your gold after your trip.

And make sure the coil cable to control box is tight. Have been caught out by this once before, sounds like a bad emi day.

Nightjar said:
fwdoz said:
Today I unpackaged & put together the GPX5000 I bought from Lesgold.

Looking forward to getting out in my fave spots.

Good luck mate, best of luck.?
Position the bungee on the stem so when you pick the machine up holding onto the bungee it hangs at about the angle when you actually grip it. Clip it too your harness and then adjust tension so it hovers just above ground when you are standing in your search stance.

Don't wrap lower portion of coil cable around stem. Have it run straight down back of stem, secured in several places with velcro straps or tape.
Where the coil cable is connected to the box, strap that to the stem to prevent any movement.
Hope to see some pics of your gold after your trip.

I remember the other two squawking when I started them up inside just to check over how well they travelled to me. This one was so quiet, even inside compared to the other two. Quite liking this already.

The bungee on my 3500 is set perfect, so I have copied that exactly.

The gold will come...the odd pin prick is about to be replaced by something a tad better. Call it my gut instinct as I learn with every trip & make minor adjustments. The learning curve has been quite pronounced, but then being a tech type person I was always going to pick it up reasonably well.

Reading ground is where I suffered earlier on. The more you read, the more you learn.

As I was once told "Experience is something you dont have until you've had it".

Latest posts