Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought these for $15. (ones on the right are the new ones)
1587079895_screenshot_2020-04-17-09-28-32.jpg

The old grinder was stalling quite a bit
1587079975_screenshot_2020-04-17-09-28-58.jpg

Had it for around 33 Yrs now and this is the second set of new bush'es it's received.
Still looks great inside there too
1587080127_screenshot_2020-04-17-09-29-15.jpg

This Makita hasn't worked too hard in its life.... but is runnin great again now at any rate :perfect:
(probly spent more on bush'es than what the grinder cost originally now).
Gotta love a great old product !

Ridge Runner said:
Smoky bandit said:
Hey Mate it would probably run better if it had a power cord :lol: :beer:

Smokes, don't be silly it's a Clockwork one, They didn't have electricity when Silver bought that, LOLOLOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Too right they didn't. ....
I'm not even sure of the mechanics of this thing.... but I can tell you one thing,..... if you don't switch it to on it won't bl00dy work ! :eek:
1587166948_screenshot_2020-04-18-09-35-58.jpg

1587783557_resized_20200424_160259.jpg
Gday. After many near misses with my axe spitting wood over the years I was thinking of getting a wood splitter. Then I saw one advertised at Aldi for $249 looked on Youtube only one decent review read a few others. Then I thought well its got a 5 year warrantee so bugger it. Got to the Aldi shop right on opening waited for most of the people waiting to filter through. Then found where they were on the store, 6 off them I got the 5th one.
Got a bloke to help me lift it on thr trolley and I helped him with his.
Anyway got it home unpacked assembled.
Next morning went out a whistled up a bit of wood. Bit skittish atm. Went home and cranked up the splitter. Did a few. Then went and grabbed a good file and sharpened the wedge nice and sharp. Hard as though. I was splitting dried red Malley around 300 mm or more and some white Malley dried and some wind blown down greener stuff. I have to sau that for the money it is very good value. Very happy. Only 2 problems encountered were the plastic bleed screw near the wedge needs a metal deflecter because a split bit of wood took off one of tge plastic wings. Other thing is and is mentioned in the hand book. If your wood isnt cut at 90 it will take off. Did thst twice :eek: .

If your splitting bigger stuff dont go there though. Get something with more guts.

1587783415_resized_20200422_161642.jpg

Wouldn't be without using one.
I wait till have sufficient for a days or two's work and hire one from Lyall Earle in Marlborough [next to Coiltek].
They are trailer mounted petrol / hydraulic machines and rated to more tonnage that I would ever need.
Last one I hired had a 4 pronged wedge with it for the larger stuff.
At well under $100 a day I can't justify buying one for home use. [wood our only form of heating]

Fare enough Redfin. There isn't anywhere around my little country town to hire a log splitter. Cut all my own wood too. Just thought if anyone else was thinking of getting one Id put up my thoughts of this one. Its actually got a Victorian address on the serial number plate.
Oh and I did fix the bleed screw with a soldering iron. Melted it back together. Put a reminder notice next to it to have it turned vertical..

Ridge Runner said:
Jaros said:
I was starting to lose count of all your fridges. :(

I got 5 fridges and 3,, 12v Coolers, and 2 small Lunchbox esky's, :Y:

J.

:lol: :lol: :lol: keep checking the weather, when it looks like hitting high 30`s let me know and I'll come over and put'em through their passes :) Take my hat off to you RR you certainly test every sales pitch known to man :Y: :beer:

Latest posts