Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well last night actually
Since I broke my home made jobby
1548371284_screenshot_20190125-093633_samsung_internet.jpg

Picked up something a bit special today, spotted it on an FB forum and seemed that nobody knew anything about it or what it was, so curiosity took over as it was only around 25mins from my place.

Got there and couldn't believe my eyes, a Gemmasta Gem Grinder, grubby but the critical part of the machine worked when powered up. No idea of the age, but checked the Patent which was applied for in June 1969 so are we talking about an antique?

1548664155_gemmmasta-gem-grinder.jpg

Also had a box of original dops which was a big plus! I know it designed for cutting Cabochons to specified sizes to fit 'off the shelf' findings, only does rounds and ovals, but so what.

Good winter job, full strip and rebuild then see what it can do.

If anyone knows more about this machine or has a user manual, would appreciate the chance to chat.

Today I picked up a fan for the camper,Explore cool breeze 12v fan; 3 speed 300mm fan, 1.7 - 3.0 amp draw. Should get that onion smell moveing. $ 85 ; So just need some fairy lights and I can find camp cool anytime. I will have some spare lights for you larry , so you can find your camp.

Cheers LL :beer: :beer: :beer: :Y:

Bought a 6.4V 4.5A Deep Cycle Lithium Batt. from Jaycar. Weighs 360 grams--Sooooooo light compared to Nimh batt's. Will easily fit in Batt box for F1A4M2
$49.95
Specifications:
Service Life: 10yrs+
Cycle Life: 1500+ cycles (> 80% capacity retention)
Cut-Off Voltage: 5.0V approx.
Charge Type: Constant Current / Constant Voltage
Discharge Current: 4.5A
Max Continuous Current: 9A (5 sec)
Internal Cells: 18650 LiFePO4
Maximum Internal Resistance: 55m
Operating Temperature: 0-45C (60C max discharging)
Operating Humidity: RH < 85%
Storage Temperature: 0-40C (15-25C recommended)
Storage Humidity: RH < 50%

Can you put up a photo of it jaros would like to have a look very interested cheers Muk.

Hi All,
Have been thinking about purchasing a digital thermometer for the Weber and deep frying in the wok; after a bit of google research decided on the Maverick 733, has two probes connected to the transmitter and a receiver that you can walk around with or set it up in say the kitchen to monitor what's happening outside in the Weber while you prepare the veg component of the meal. Hope to give it a try shortly with a venison roast, looks like it could be a fun bit of kit comes cooking time.
I seem to recall Ramjet using a similar set-up with his outdoor cooking liked the idea at the time.
Cheers, SinHof.
1549252907__mg_5430.jpg

Latest posts