Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't grill without one now, had a few that eventually played up so went for the Meater, a bit expensive compared to the rest
but sure will last a lifetime, and no wires.

https://meater.com/

Redfin said:
I wouldn't grill without one now, had a few that eventually played up so went for the Meater, a bit expensive compared to the rest

they made it to market , i remember these in kick start , might just have to have me one :cool:

Did not come across the Meater in my Googling, might have made a different choice, are well Maverick will have to do, better luck next time round.
Cheers, SinHof.

Redfin said:

i am most liking the ability to use it on a spit roaster :perfect: awesome :clap: :clap:

Redfin said:
You will enjoy it mate, with the app you just can't make a mistake.
it is a cool thing :cool:

extremely well made :Y: :power: :perfect:

the down side was updating everything to latest spec so it would run :awful:

at one stage i was doing updates on the updates , bloody apple software :( :( but i won in the end O:)

i luv it :inlove: :heart:

1549594688_wp_20190208_004.jpg

So prospected new ground around burnside Margaret River on mate land, no luck but great day found small bits of quartz in gravel but no Gold, any prosoctors in da South West lets chat ? :pickshovel:

Nodoubtaboucher said:
So prospected new ground around burnside Margaret River on mate land, no luck but great day found small bits of quartz in gravel but no Gold, any prosoctors in da South West lets chat ? :pickshovel:

New school English I'm reading, so tell us what you bought after all this is the Today I Bought thread, just taking the micky mate don't stress :p . Welcome to PA buddy sounds like you've had a great day. Check out the thread options and tell us what machine you're using, plenty of information to help you out check the search icon on the top left. As far as your question about others in your location I'm no help.

Nodoubtaboucher Im based down here but Ive never prospected in the Sth West as I don't have access to private property on prospective ground.
the only 3 notable locations around here where gold is well known are Margs, Donnybrook & Boddington. As im sure you are aware prospecting in State Forests & National Parks is illegal in WA. I have considered following up on someone I know with a couple of contacts in the Boddington-Quindanning area farmland.
When time permits the inland/northern goldfields are better.
.DED

SinHof said:
Hi All,
Have been thinking about purchasing a digital thermometer for the Weber and deep frying in the wok; after a bit of google research decided on the Maverick 733, has two probes connected to the transmitter and a receiver that you can walk around with or set it up in say the kitchen to monitor what's happening outside in the Weber while you prepare the veg component of the meal. Hope to give it a try shortly with a venison roast, looks like it could be a fun bit of kit comes cooking time.
I seem to recall Ramjet using a similar set-up with his outdoor cooking liked the idea at the time.
Cheers, SinHof.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/972/1549252907__mg_5430.jpg

Great little unit SinHof,
I have used one in my offset smoker for the last 2 years. I've cooked Brisket, Pork shoulder, Countless ribs,Salmon,Chicken ,reverse seared Tomahawk Steak and have had excellent results, once you know the internal temps you need you're golden. :Y:

Hi PMac77,
Have only tried the Maverick 733 once with good results; had one probe in the oil in a wok running 180c, deep frying Tempura squid and the other in a thick steak for the main course 65c. Looking forward to further usage down the track.
Cheers, SinHof.

Latest posts