Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I know what you mean RM.... ? I'm going by all the smiles and faces I don't have to ask if you're happy with your purchase ... don't worry I'm whittling away at the kids inheritance..lol :D

Ordered this the other day a Green one (last week) arrived last Friday :| Well sort of .
1547797410_ebay.jpg

:| Pity that,s not what,s not what was delivered :/
They sent a 6x3 Black :rolleyes: Bugga too big for what I wanted it for , Arrrrrr :poop:

Cando said:
My brand new dual cab Land Cruiser is here, the build begins! The new girl is at ARB as I type getting a facelift with bullbar, side steps, scrub bars, gvm upgrade to 3950, 2 inch lift, centre console, snorkel etc .... ? off to absolute on Saturday to have the winch installed 3 inch exhaust, and new rims with a 50mm offset on the ass and 285 16s tires put on which will fix the offset. Aluminium body gets fitted up next Wednesday and sent off to paint should have it back a week after that. it's looking like I take delivery Friday week. Yep, I'm as excited as fat boy in a lolly shop :eek: :)
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1361/1547723944_20190117_154807.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1361/1547724046_20190117_154740.jpg

Enjoy Cando as I am sure you have put in a lot of hard yakka to be able to afford :Y:

I actually bought this last week off ProspectorPete from here, but today my Detech 15" Ultimate Spiral DD coil arrived. Stoked :D
now have to wait till Easter before I can get out & play golf with snake heads (just kidding) :playful:
I will be doing some testing & learning before I go but :goldnugget: :cool:
1548062459_detech_15_coil.jpg

I have the same one , they are light years ahead of any others I researched but I noticed mine would switch off the load output for no reason.

It did this twice in 4 months , maybe they will bring out a firmware upgrade for it , my fix for this was to reset default settings and then change my output voltages back to what I wanted.

I had my output set to custom cutoffs of 10.5 volt disconnect , cant remember the upper level I used.

Its handy how you can log in to it from iPad or iphone and watch the solar performance charts.

1548149736_imag4743-min.jpg

Bought this the other day,1978 petrol, 12r toyota motor, rag top daihatsu scat, barn find,
bit of rust in in the floor, but all there mostly, old cockies paddock
basher, held together with wire in parts, cut in half tennis balls as brake
reservoir caps, number 8 wire hooked up to the choke, my type of bloke :Y:
So today, new plugs, fuel filter, fresh fuel, farts but don't run :(
checked spark to plugs, ok, pulled dizzy cap off and rubbed a bit of
sand paper over the contacts, still no luck, tomorrow will check the fuel
pump and carby. If nothing happens ill ring a mechanic. love it :Y:

Jaros said:
$1, $10......FREE???? :)

Not quiet free, $1200.00 delivered from Toowoomba.
I bought as where i go to get crystals it was either a motor bike,
shanks pony or a small 4wd. Been knocking my good wagon
about too much. I can leave it on a property near where i go ,so
no need to have it registered. Windscreen folds down, no need for air con,
and the snakes can't get me, trod on a brown last week, so hopefully happy days. :Y:

LoneWolf said:
More than likely it needs Fresh Fuel, as the old stuff would have lost it's Combustion power.... They go anywhere those things...

LW....

gday mate, did that this morning, :Y: then adjusted the points,
had fuel coming to the carby, but no fuel going into the carby,
so pulled the carby apart and found the needle seized up plus
some other thing in there seized, freed em up, so will put it
all back together in the morn and see what happens. The
leather washer on the plunger is a bit suss, did find a carby
rebuild kit for $79.00 online at classiccarbs Benleigh,
so might get it. Pinpointer came in handy as i dropped a
small brass bolt in the grass, found it.
Farmer mate has one, as you said, they go anywhere. :Y:

RockRat said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/12682/1548149736_imag4743-min.jpg

Bought this the other day,1978 petrol, 12r toyota motor, rag top daihatsu scat, barn find,
bit of rust in in the floor, but all there mostly, old cockies paddock
basher, held together with wire in parts, cut in half tennis balls as brake
reservoir caps, number 8 wire hooked up to the choke, my type of bloke :Y:
So today, new plugs, fuel filter, fresh fuel, farts but don't run :(
checked spark to plugs, ok, pulled dizzy cap off and rubbed a bit of
sand paper over the contacts, still no luck, tomorrow will check the fuel
pump and carby. If nothing happens ill ring a mechanic. love it :Y:

If you get an engina that wont start or runs rough after being unused for a long time it could be valves stuck open due to rust on the stem .

Pulling off the rocker cover while you turn it over will soon show if they are stickied

If the stems are rusty then the worst thing you can do is try to run the thing because it will rip metal out of the valve guides and they will end up as loose as old mother goose after laying too many eggs. Now howdoyalikethatforaphraseijustmadeup.

Ps . And rusty valve stems will damage the guide seals too.

Ps

If you do find stuck valves but you dont want to rip the cylinder head off, you might get lucky by pulling off either the intake or exhaust manifold and spraying rust remover on the exposed stem of the stuck valve or hitting it with a Small Dremel mounted wire brush.

Having said that ... pulling exhaust manifolds off old cars is a b***h because they sometimes curse you with a broken stud or two and thats not a disease I would wish on anyone.

HeadsUp said:
Ps

If you do find stuck valves but you dont want to rip the cylinder head off, you might get lucky by pulling off either the intake or exhaust manifold and spraying rust remover on the exposed stem of the stuck valve or hitting it with a Small Dremel mounted wire brush.

Having said that ... pulling exhaust manifolds off old cars is a b***h because they sometimes curse you with a broken stud or two and thats not a disease I would wish on anyone.

Thanks for the advice Headsup,i'll keep that in mind. :Y:

Latest posts