Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
StoneTheCrows said:
Thought I would try this out this summer

Aldi special $99
Bought the self inflating matress as well for $50
Hope it fits

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/12064/1536045231_imag01281.jpg

I was strolling through Aldi today and I spotted Swag for sale.Finished off my shopping while I mulled it over on whether to buy or not. Decision made, swag bought.

When I'll get to test drive it is another matter entirely!

StoneTheCrows, keep me posted on how it performs.

I'm glas to see I'm not the only Aldi swagger about :D

Mrs Kid and i went to the camping and forbie/lots of caravan's show today in Dubbo , found some cool goodies, the wind shield for the canister cooker is cool as :cool:
tad pricey at $30 but i could not make the quality for that :8 so ok value then it is ;)

the wireless fridge thermometer is really cool too :playful: :playful: pardon my pun :(
was on special $3 off :present: how could i refuse :8 bargain at $25 :party: :party:

best part (and PA relevant) stopped off on the way home at a random location an nailed some goldies :money: :money: :money: (no photo of goldies, in the car still :8 )

1536999260_wp_20180915_17_57_12_pro_li.jpg

1536999260_wp_20180915_17_57_21_pro_li.jpg

ctxkid said:
Mrs Kid and i went to the camping and forbie/lots of caravan's show today in Dubbo , found some cool goodies, the wind shield for the canister cooker is cool as :cool:

the wireless fridge thermometer is really cool too :playful: :playful: pardon my pun :(
was on special $3 off :present: how could i refuse :8 bargain at $25 :party: :party:

hey Kid, not to take the wind out of your sail (or cooker), but beware the Ironman remote fridge thermometer is not great quality. Ive had 1 for 2 yrs now & had ongoing problems with it. When I first put the batteries in, the sender unit wouldn't transmit. After much fiddling with the batteries, terminals, putting new batteries in, I got it to work by choking the living shhhht out it, literally, I squeezed it hard & the receiver responded. Gave it a much harder squeeze & it stayed on. Goes on & off periodically. Its off at the moment. might stomp on it this time :argh:
I will get around to getting a good 1 oneday :playful:

Ded Driver said:
ctxkid said:

hey Kid, not to take the wind out of your sail (or cooker), but beware the Ironman remote fridge thermometer is not great quality. Ive had 1 for 2 yrs now & had ongoing problems with it. When I first put the batteries in, the sender unit wouldn't transmit. After much fiddling with the batteries, terminals, putting new batteries in, I got it to work by choking the living shhhht out it, literally, I squeezed it hard & the receiver responded. Gave it a much harder squeeze & it stayed on. Goes on & off periodically. Its off at the moment. might stomp on it this time :argh:
I will get around to getting a good 1 oneday :playful:

very uncool :(

i must be lucky as mine fired up within 30 seconds (receiving the sender) and works a treat :Y:
they do only update temp every 60 seconds ;)
it has been working with the sensor in the fridge since i got it home :cool:

you may have bought a dud :bomb: or i just got a good one :party: time will tell :(

Was talking to a friend that I kind of don't know that well,

Got on to the subject of metal detecting,

He said he has 3 metal detectors,

My ear's picked up lol

What kind? Do you use them? Hahaha :lol:

He said he use to use them on the gold coast beaches,

He had me hook line and sinker,

Feeding off every word he was saying to me,

He then said he was thinking of selling one of them,

Of course I asked,

He said there was one still in a box ..unopened box :D

I went around there to day to have a look,

He had all ready told me that he thinks he paid about $250 for the one in the box and he would want at lease $50 bucks for it,

I tool a look at all 3 of them and told him that two of them are the same,

Both Aldi Adventure metal detector, one still in box,

The other one was a lot like the one that I all ready have,

He said oh I did not notice that bought two the same,

He sold me the one still in the box unopened for $50 bucks,

Could not get my wallet open quicker if I tried :lol:

It says it is waterproof on the box,

If it works on the beaches I will be very happy :) :) :)

Goody ;)

Why are sniffing bottles so expensive?

Was thinking of buying one...but at that price :eek: ,

Would a sauce bottle do the same thing? Or does it have to be clear?

Yeah I know bloody more questions from me :) :)

Can not help it..I am a women and I need to know the ins and outs of everything hahaha :) :) :)

goody2shoes said:
Why are sniffing bottles so expensive?

Was thinking of buying one...but at that price :eek: ,

Would a sauce bottle do the same thing? Or does it have to be clear?

Yeah I know bloody more questions from me :) :)

Can not help it..I am a women and I need to know the ins and outs of everything hahaha :) :) :)

They are expensive for what they are. I've found most things about prospecting are over priced.

A sauce bottle by itself wouldn't really work. Only because when you tipped it upside down to sniff up your gold it would all fall out the nozzle. You could modify the sauce bottle to work though.
Here is a clip to show you how to make one
[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/k6dpo36p8dM[/video]

Latest posts