Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my crucible kit in the Post this week. Anyone have some good and specific gold melting, instructional videos? YouTube ones I've watched so far aren't that great.

Managed to snag a 1st edition of Sam cash's "Loaming for Gold", nice edition to my gold library.
Cheers T.

1530783084_fullsizeoutput_1685.jpg

Oh, would love to get a copy of the original WA publication "Prospecting for Gold by the Loaming Method" that came to pre Loaming for Gold.

nucopia said:
Rockhunter62 said:
Ordered these beauties the other week and they arrived a couple of days ago.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...s/7504/1529795048_20180624_085932-600x800.jpg

Reebok Side Zip Composite Toe Boots for detecting, the only metal is the zip head.

Chhers

Doug
They look great Doug
Where did you order them on line ?

Amazon nucopia, I used the main shop but I think we have to use the Australian shop now with the new regulations.

They feel great.

Cheers

Doug

:Y:
Thanks Guys $200-300 is a lot to spend so I have been looking at the alternatives on fleabay at $ 50-60 . only thing is a lot of sellers are using photos of branded boots and I am unsure if what they actually send you will be the same as whats depicted in the photos..
trying to get bang for my buck but not blow out the bank balance..

Woolies. Is closed today in Mt Isa, so no chook but would like to ask if anyone knows any places to detect around Mt Isa or Cloncurry. Have a GPX5000 and found my share of bullets, bits of tin. Like to find my first bit of gold. Any clues or anyone want to join me. Thanks Des

1531270890_zlight.jpg

Today I got some goodies in the mail.

My new Zebralight, I already had a 603FW Mk III and it's my favourite thing on the planet, but when I saw the specs on the Mk IV I had to upgrade!

You can really notice the difference in colour with the High CRI on the new model, the light is much more natural and brighter!

I also got a Mk II for my friend because they were on special.

These headlights are seriously unreal, there are only a few things that I have bought that have been 'life changing' - dishwasher, self propelled lawn mower, ugg boots - once you own one you will be like seriously, how did I live without this?

Oh and some more reading material :)

Dron said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7074/1531270890_zlight.jpg

Today I got some goodies in the mail.

My new Zebralight, I already had a 603FW Mk III and it's my favourite thing on the planet, but when I saw the specs on the Mk IV I had to upgrade!

You can really notice the difference in colour with the High CRI on the new model, the light is much more natural and brighter!

I also got a Mk II for my friend because they were on special.

These headlights are seriously unreal, there are only a few things that I have bought that have been 'life changing' - dishwasher, self propelled lawn mower, ugg boots - once you own one you will be like seriously, how did I live without this?

Oh and some more reading material :)

Hello Dron.

What was the price - ?

Where did you get it from - ?

The Scrounger said:
What was the price - ?

Where did you get it from - ?

I got it from Zebralight.com because it worked out a bit cheaper with the exchange rate and the Mk II was on special, but the postage takes a loooong time so it's faster to get one from eBay or you can get them from brightnite.com.au. About $150 for the Mk IV but you also need expensive Li-Ion batteries and an 18650 charger.
DrDuck said:
Eric Rolls is one of my favorite Australian authors, and that's a very interesting one. His Million Wild Acres is really good, too.

I got another book you recommended by Ed Waller and it is now one of my favourite books, so from now on I'm getting all the books you recommend :Y:

Yep, Dron, Wallers book And Theres Gold our There is a great read! I read it it once or twice a year.

Its the book that got me interested in prospecting when I was a teenager in the early 70s.

my 6in for the CTX is on it's merry way, mad step from 17 to 6, but some areas are going to be very good , once i can separate the targets, from the can fodder, something even the 11 has problems with in high garbage areas, roll on delivery day :party:

ctxkid said:
my 6in for the CTX is on it's merry way, mad step from 17 to 6, but some areas are going to be very good , once i can separate the targets, from the can fodder, something even the 11 has problems with in high garbage areas, roll on delivery day :party:

You will certainly notice the ergonomics,it will not only feel very different but look very :lol:

But saying that you should find the good stuff you couldn't flush out before.

Good luck :Y:

Latest posts