Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just giving you a stir Jaros, dyneema is great for a lot of reasons, safety would be my first reason, spooling nicely while under little tension is also a benefit, no cuts from loose wires, etc etc.
When my steel poo's itself I'll get dyneema next too, the reason I got steel last time was the 4wd shop was pi$$ing them off for $20 as no one wanted them.
I have only had to use it a few times since so I can handle the inconvenience for now, dyneema is better, but the weight difference isn't a big deal.
Another modern advancement is the soft shackle, these are really safe if something lets go.
http://roadsafe.com.au/4wd/soft-shackle/

I would probably only use it to pull away a fallen tree / limb or drag some firewood to a more "snakeless" spot to chainsaw it up to size.. Like to stay away from mud.

Jaros said:
I would probably only use it to pull away a fallen tree / limb or drag some firewood to a more "snakeless" spot to chainsaw it up to size.. Like to stay away from mud.
Better get a drag chain then mate or you'll stuff that rope quick smart.
https://www.4wdsupacentre.com.au/hercules-drag-chain.html

Edit, speaking of mud, with dyneema you need to wash it if you get it muddy, (which is basically everytime you need it).

A dedicated prospecting vehicle :Y:

RXttuyk.jpg

paul_mac1 said:
Great buy. 3.9 Isuzu motor? It will run forever.
Well done

thanks folks,

and yep Paul 3.9 Isuzu diesel, only 48000 on the clock and I just put 4000 of those on.
Was the most enjoyable trip across the Nullaboring I've ever done.

The camo paint has its negatives too though, last night I hopped up for a piddle and walked smack into the back end and took a chunk out of my leg on the jerry can holder :N:

madtuna said:
paul_mac1 said:
Great buy. 3.9 Isuzu motor? It will run forever.
Well done

thanks folks,

and yep Paul 3.9 Isuzu diesel, only 48000 on the clock and I just put 4000 of those on.
Was the most enjoyable trip across the Nullaboring I've ever done.

The camo paint has its negatives too though, last night I hopped up for a piddle and walked smack into the back end and took a chunk out of my leg on the jerry can holder :N:
Nice one Steve.....the chunk out of your leg had nothing to do with any brewery I suppose? :D

Mmmm a yard Full of Boy's Toys :p ... I like That... :lol:

Bet you Will see it from now on.. :) Nice Truck... :Y:

Q for you MT... Do you have a 240 Volt Wheely Bin..? and Where can I get one.. they are Cool. :lol:

LW.... :rainbow:

Nah.. Not enough Payload... How would you bring All the Gold Back.... Or, is that What the Truck is for... ]:D

A few years ago I saw a 'Set-up' That had a small Gyro- Copter housed in this Massive Expanding 5th Wheeler... Turned out they were Americans heading over to WA for their Yearly Gold Hunt...... :8

LW.... :rainbow:

Break it in properly Muk, don't get lazy with cleaning.
If you haven't broken in a new rifle before get advice, it's very important to do properly.

Latest posts