Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, i got on EBay and scored a relatively cheap cammo wind / rain proof jacket and strides. Now i don't have to wear jumpers or heavy coats whilst swinging my SDC.
I also got some hiking shoes that are waterproof,,WOOHOO are they the cats guts , great grip and i waded in to shallow water,,voila !! no wet tootsies.
Cheers. ;)

G'day all went to Ballarat on the weekend and spotted this on the drive on way home gave owner a call and went back today and bought it in wrapped only a couple of minor touch ups and good to go cheers Muk. Sorry tried to send pictures but keep saying file is to big its a frankling sun liner pop up camper van in excellent condition been after something like this for ages sorry photos didn't work cheers Muk.

I did post something but it didn't work it keeps saying file to big don't know because I've sent other photos that work cheers Muk

About to do the same thing.
There is a lot of weight in a 12,000 pound winch rope
made of steel.
I do not like the idea of the Prado getting around with it's
nose pointing at the ground. :8

What's the weight difference between your existing cable and your new purchase. I'd be thinking about 30kg to 50kg. So with my estimate I'd say handling won't improve and braking would improve by no more than 1 to 5 metres depending on speed at the most 10. Not having a dig at you Jaros I'm just not convinced cable verses rope would make a noticeable difference to be honest. If there where differences to be achieved I'd want it in fuel the others can be sorted with driving technique.

As soon as I had the bullbar and the winch-could hardly pick it up-I noticed the ride and handling characteristics change noticeably. So I feel the weight difference will be quite noticeable.
Jaros :p

Picked up the cc pick from looking tonight had a good chat with them very nice people very happy with the big pick cheers Muk .

Yeah RM, the bull bar makes a huge difference, I got a new cable for mine a few years ago, can't remember exactly but it didn't feel too heavy.
Just had a look, here you go http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Galvanis...629957?hash=item237da21685:g:DZUAAOSw4CFYnX~0
10.5kg
The thing I hate most about cable is when you really need it (and it's a stressful time) the cable often spools on one side and can make a mess resulting in kinked wire which then needs to be replaced.
Dyneema is better for lots of reasons, but the weight isn't something to take into account.
Dunno RM, maybe us Vics doing high country recoveries are made of sterner stuff :| :party: :party:

RM Outback said:
What's the weight difference between your existing cable and your new purchase. I'd be thinking about 30kg to 50kg. So with my estimate I'd say handling won't improve and braking would improve by no more than 1 to 5 metres depending on speed at the most 10. Not having a dig at you Jaros I'm just not convinced cable verses rope would make a noticeable difference to be honest. If there where differences to be achieved I'd want it in fuel the others can be sorted with driving technique.

As soon as I had the bullbar and the winch-could hardly pick it up-I noticed the ride and handling characteristics change noticeably. So I feel the weight difference will be quite noticeable.
Jaros :p

The Gremlins are at it again :/ or because your a Mod Jaros somehow your post ended up as mine. Tried to like your coment and was told I can't like my own :p. My post ended with "driving technique" and then your post appears below with out a post count :/ :/ talk about confusing.

Jaros, I would either splice the winch end of the old cable or use clamps and use it as an extension cable just in case you find that the 30m is a bit short.

J.

I'll be interested to see how you go with the Dyneema rope.

I have a Tirfor hand winch with 20m of wire rope and some extension straps but the trouble with extension straps is that they cannot be used with a snatch-block. So I'm thinking of ditching them and using the same 10mm rope except, of course, with an eye at each end.

Latest posts