Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moneybox said:
We're heading out again on the weekend ... well when I say out it's about 2000 km up the road :) It's too cold and wet for Mrs M (and me) down here so we'll head for somewhere the sun shines with a little more brilliance :Y:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3960/1501685513_honda_trx_90.jpg

I stretched the plastic to get a set of wheels to help Mrs M get about once we are there ;)

You are a kind hearted 8) but in the meantime you had better give it a run - just for safety's sake - you know making sure when your misses rides it all is good and safe ;)

You are certainly one kind hearted soul :Y:

Good luck - Find Yellow :p

I think she's ok cashgoldsilver. She even has a bike license but it might have been a few decades since it was used :eek: I wheeled it into the workshop and after considering what we need to carry I thought that I might have been better with a bigger one. I bought little and light so that it was no burden handle but it had no room to put anything.

1501769930_quad1.jpg

A quick trip to Supercheap and I had a toolbox for the SDC and pick on the back. I used small U-bolts to secure a plywood base to the rear frame.

1501770015_quad2.jpg

Then I dug out an old crate for the front. I had to remove the factory bumper to make a mount for the crate.

1501770066_quad_4.jpg

Made up a support for the shaft on the 4500 and a couple of tie down points to secure it. Everything was fitted without any drilling or welding on the original bike. Maybe I'll have to put one little fastener through the plastic mudguard if the double sided tape gives way.

1501770175_quad_3.jpg

And then presented it to one happy camper :lol:

So your'e walking :lol:

Seriously,nice work making following your passion with your best mate that much easier :party:

I read one thing that got my attention,and that was how you attached your supercheap plastic tool box.

If you have attached it as you said just with washers I am worried that with all of the bumping and vibrations it will come loose even tearing holes in it :brokenh:

I hope the washers are large even with 2 x small timber "battens" giving a much spread and support spreading the load,you know what I mean :)

Good luck but I think you won't need it :Y:

cashgoldsilver said:
So your'e walking :lol:

Seriously,nice work making following your passion with your best mate that much easier :party:

I read one thing that got my attention,and that was how you attached your supercheap plastic tool box.

If you have attached it as you said just with washers I am worried that with all of the bumping and vibrations it will come loose even tearing holes in it :brokenh:

I hope the washers are large even with 2 x small timber "battens" giving a much spread and support spreading the load,you know what I mean :)

Good luck but I think you won't need it :Y:

I was quite surprised when I drilled the base of the box. It was not brittle as I expected, the plastic drilled like a nice piece of HDPE but I doubt it is. The box is supported by a piece of 12mm exterior plywood with a 180x270mm piece of 2mm aluminium inside lightly clamped down with the u-bolts going around the rear grab handle. I'm confident it's secure although it's life may be limited but only time will tell.

Yes I'm walking because it's quite difficult to detect for gold while travelling on wheels ;)

I just brought one of these,

First detector for me it is, looking forward to learning how to operate it, think Ive watched and read everything on Professor Google, yet still have no idea.
Spose I will just play with it in the back yard and look at the pictures on the instruction manual when it arrives.

Can't wait to have a play in the back and front yard! :p

1501886424_screen_shot_2017-08-05_at_8.13.47_am.jpg

Marko said:

First detector for me it is, looking forward to learning how to operate it, think Ive watched and read everything on Professor Google, yet still have no idea.
Spose I will just play with it in the back yard and look at the pictures on the instruction manual when it arrives.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...6424_screen_shot_2017-08-05_at_8.13.47_am.jpg
Good luck in the back yard. I tried my 4500 in my back yard and it went nuts, way too much electrical interference (emi ) .

Wishfull said:
Marko said:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...6424_screen_shot_2017-08-05_at_8.13.47_am.jpg
Good luck in the back yard. I tried my 4500 in my back yard and it went nuts, way too much electrical interference (emi ) .

OK, I will forget the front & rear yard, Ill plan a weekend camp trip down the Turon River, somewhere where there are no snakes, holes to fall down and no strange people that want to harm me and my dog! :rolleyes:

Marko

Marko said:

Looks like a steep learning curve for us both. Good luck I am sure you will be happy with your investment. Mine is a 6 yo second hand one and cost a bit less than yours with an extra battery and a lot of coils. Of course I have no warranty either.
I will watch your progress and hope you hit the yella big time.

BillS said:
Marko said:

Looks like a steep learning curve for us both. Good luck I am sure you will be happy with your investment. Mine is a 6 yo second hand one and cost a bit less than yours with an extra battery and a lot of coils. Of course I have no warranty either.
I will watch your progress and hope you hit the yella big time.

I suspect and are hoping that you will be getting a gold nugget Bigger & better than 1 gram now. ;)
No holding back you have a depth advantage on bigger gold now, best of luck with your new toy. :Y:

Today i bought a gpx 4000 . Am shitting me self a bit been using a 2100 for a long time .Happy with the deal .But looking at the 4000 cant help but to think WOW what a step . lots of reading for me .Feild tests will be fun glad the 2100 has picked up lots of small pieces of different sizes . Lots to learn .

Latest posts