Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$17.40 from Bishops (ouch) very strong should last a few years 300 x 16 (12" x 6.5")
lacking some holes but i will fix that tomorrow
1488965329_100_61811.jpg

1488965453_100_61801.jpg

Wishfull said:
paul_mac1 said:
Wishfull said:
My new gpx 4500 turned up today. Think I will be playing with it tonight.....maybe every day for quite a while :)

You know what they say......"Play with it too much and You'll need glasses" :p

Nice work, wheres the 1st trip to?
Paul

I must have been playing too much then I have reading glasses :/

Off to Wedderburn sometime in April with my Wife.

Looked at the DVD at 6:00 pm unpacked 4500 at 6:30 pm assembled by 8:30 pm yep 2 hours, but I was very fussy. If you knew what you were doing probably 1/2 hr. or so. I like the way it's made it all fits together very well although if you were in hurry or heavy handed I could see someone breaking something. I have a fairly small frame so the harness is pretty much pulled up to max. The machine once setup properly is so light to swing it just floats. The SDC is quite heavy compared to it.
Put the external speaker on, charged the battery and turned machine on had a bit of a play to make sure all the bells and whistles worked and switched it off, didn't take it outside as it was dark and I was starving by then. Eating as I type this. Need to make a cover for it soon.

To compare the SDC to the 4500, Landcruser to a truck, the 7000 would have to be a Mack B Double. The SDC is so easy to set up and go though. My wife will be finding gold before I leave I recon :)

To be continued.
Mate enjoy your new toy ................... now remembering the pain you and your fingers went thru making an SDC cover :rolleyes: I happen to have a brand new cover in the bits n bobs box that I'm happy to donate to the cause (search for gold that is) shoot me a pm with address and will send it out to you
Hope ya find the Yella fella :Y:

Mate enjoy your new toy ................... now remembering the pain you and your fingers went thru making an SDC cover :rolleyes: I happen to have a brand new cover in the bits n bobs box that I'm happy to donate to the cause (search for gold that is) shoot me a pm with address and will send it out to you

Thats what makes this forum awesome......people in this world like you, bogger.
Good onya mate. :Y:

Bogger said:
Wishfull said:
paul_mac1 said:
Wishfull said:
My new gpx 4500 turned up today. Think I will be playing with it tonight.....maybe every day for quite a while :)

You know what they say......"Play with it too much and You'll need glasses" :p

Nice work, wheres the 1st trip to?
Paul

I must have been playing too much then I have reading glasses :/

Off to Wedderburn sometime in April with my Wife.

Looked at the DVD at 6:00 pm unpacked 4500 at 6:30 pm assembled by 8:30 pm yep 2 hours, but I was very fussy. If you knew what you were doing probably 1/2 hr. or so. I like the way it's made it all fits together very well although if you were in hurry or heavy handed I could see someone breaking something. I have a fairly small frame so the harness is pretty much pulled up to max. The machine once setup properly is so light to swing it just floats. The SDC is quite heavy compared to it.
Put the external speaker on, charged the battery and turned machine on had a bit of a play to make sure all the bells and whistles worked and switched it off, didn't take it outside as it was dark and I was starving by then. Eating as I type this. Need to make a cover for it soon.

To compare the SDC to the 4500, Landcruser to a truck, the 7000 would have to be a Mack B Double. The SDC is so easy to set up and go though. My wife will be finding gold before I leave I recon :)

To be continued.

That is so generous, PM sent and thank you very very much, gee I don't know what else to say but I wont forget that. Cheers ! :Y: :Y: :Y:

Wishfull said:
Bogger, you mate are a legend in my eyes. Hope you find a 50 ounce nugget :Y:

Mate it's just great to see someone so passionate about what they are doing :Y: ............... best of luck to you and the wife in the search.
There have been a few on this board that have helped me out heaps so it's just giving a bit back and hopefully Aust Post won't send it around the world and back before you receive it :rolleyes:
By the way I'll certainly let you know if I stumble upon the fifty ouncer ;)

Wishfull said:
The 4500 came with an 11 inch Mono coil and an 11 DD coil

Same as mine wishfull. The 11" mono is a great coil and over the years i reckon its found most of the gold of any other coil.
I have not tried my DD yet. Still learning the machine myself

my biggest problem when i left i got rid of most of my stuff lol (d*^k h$#d) now i am getting the gear back together slowly
kept my mess kit, dress uniforms and plastic trunks
one thing left to get but there is some stupid law about not being legal :8 :8 :8

I have 2 old steel trunks, an Alice Pack, bits of webbing, I actually bought an SLR when we changed over to the F88, but that went with the buy back.......(boo hoo!)
And my most valuable ex Army kit, is my 3 hootchies, you don't realise how good a piece of kit they are until you see other armies gear, and I use them all the time.

Latest posts