Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See how they last....also got a prescription for some new glasses, so I dun chuck away bits of "lead" anymore.....

Today I bought a bungee cord from minelab and swapped my gpx4000 and mxt pro for a new gpx5000 with accessories and a couple of coils from Gerrys detectors in Idaho :eek:

Danny13 said:
Today I bought a bungee cord from minelab and swapped my gpx4000 and mxt pro for a new gpx5000 with accessories and a couple of coils from Gerrys detectors in Idaho :eek:

Well good luck with the new one, I am not sure if it is a good Idea because of not being able to find tiny prickly Gold or Speckies with the 5k. time will tell, good luck and have fun.

John.

He will pick up more prickly gold & speccis with the 5k than the two he swapped for one? :rolleyes: The 5k is very capable of finding that type of gold especially with the fine gold timing but there are certain bits a machine like a high (very) frequency VLF or the SDC will pick up more easily & they may see some the 5k won't but to say that the 5k is unable to find it at all is totally incorrect.

Today I took a drive with my dad and my daughter to Naracoorte. Picked up this 1 owner well looked after Ford Focus for young Rachel who has just got her L's...I feel old. 8.( :)
1478173869_20161103_154242-640x360.jpg

mbasko said:
He will pick up more prickly gold & speccis with the 5k than the two he swapped for one? :rolleyes: The 5k is very capable of finding that type of gold especially with the fine gold timing but there are certain bits a machine like a high (very) frequency VLF or the SDC will pick up more easily & they may see some the 5k won't but to say that the 5k is unable to find it at all is totally incorrect.

The 5k is a Brilliant machine for sure, but it won't see the real tiny stuff his MXT can and nor will it handle the junk, But I think Danny has other VLF's for that task, So maybe it is a wise move after all.

Yep we should see her coming towards us no problems. Just need to get off the footpath out of her way in time. Lol. They actually had 11 grand on it, which was to much. But we got it for 7500 including 12 months rego. (Which in SA costs an arm, a leg, a kidney, 3 ribs, and ya left nut). 113 000 kms. She sat in it out the front of our house for hours with her brothers and sisters, listening to music, reading the manual. That 1st car feeling hey. She reckoned she was gunna sleep in it. Lol :lol:

Ridge Runner said:
mbasko said:

The 5k is a Brilliant machine for sure, but it won't see the real tiny stuff his MXT can and nor will it handle the junk, But I think Danny has other VLF's for that task, So maybe it is a wise move after all.
John I'm pretty sure he didn't buy the 5k for it's junk discrimination ability (or lack of). The fact is in our mineralised ground the 5k will pick up very small gold - my smallest was 0.03 gram found in situ - & would rival or better the MXT on our goldfields in most situations. Great choice Danny! ;)

Picked up a old sov xs nice and cheep. It has a mod where i can switch from disc to all metal on the shaft. What i would like to know is how do i switch to varible tones. In the manual it says it is a internal adjustment done by a dealer. Can it be DIY. ? Cheers.
1478217666_image.jpg

mbasko said:
Ridge Runner said:
mbasko said:

John I'm pretty sure he didn't buy the 5k for it's junk discrimination ability (or lack of). The fact is in our mineralised ground the 5k will pick up very small gold - my smallest was 0.03 gram found in situ - & would rival or better the MXT on our goldfields in most situations. Great choice Danny! ;)

I actually got a 0.01gram , waterworn, flat bit with my 4500 and nugget finder 14x9 evo, I dont want to dig anything smaller!

G'day mbasko and ridge runner, did not realise the conversation was going on. I got a great deal on the 5000 , for use in tough terrain in Karratha , I have other machines to do everything else if needed.

1478669879_image.jpg

Found the above with mainly the sdc2300 and and a little with the sov gt , if needed I can use the garret a2b gold hunter , here's a question? Who else still can use an old a2b gold hunter ? I like machines with knobs and switches but I like all the other machines also , the 5000 was the last machine I needed to complement my other detectors . Just need a D9 bulldozer now . Ridge runner can you spare some of the old roman gold coins :)

Thanks for your comments gentlemen

Kind regards