Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today we bought

A block of land with a jetty !

As a kid some forty years ago it was great place to camp on Hindmarsh Island at the river Murray mouth going through the lock and up the Coorong for some good fishing. Now there is a marina and the town of Goolwa has grown to be a comfortable place to retire so with the kids gone the next phase of our life begins , my beloved EH Holden had to go and my little tinnie will look a bit out of place but at least no more boat ramping.

Cheers.

1474953452_image.jpg

Lashed out some hard earned on a box set of Gold Rush (Alaska) ...... Series 1 to 4
Seen the later ones 3 & 4 (be good to watch again) but don't think I've seen the first 2 series.
Bloody hell those Hoffmans were dumb, strange to see 2 dead men walking knowing they have since passed away.
Cheers Tom

1475062496_image.jpg

paul_mac1 said:
Parker seems to be the most sensible one amongst them.
Great tv show.
He makes an appearance in series 1 as a 16 yr old giving advise to the Hoffmans, at that stage old Jack S. Was still working Big Nugget mine himself.
Lucky I hadn't seen this when I was first retrenched at age 50 .... Alaska calls.
Cheers Tom

Yes it appears theres not much red tape over there, would love to do that or the ice cold gold diving one, that would be interesting also.

Yes Parker has his head screwed on. I like him

Today I joined the SDC 2300 club!

I drove up to Bendigo and threatened the guy at Miner's Den with a wad of cash and walked out with the goods; new SDC 2300, free headphones, free batteries and charger, free skid plate, free carry bag, free training session, 6 free vials, free snuffer bottle, small pick at a reduced price and a brand new seive set.

I will NOT be waiting two weeks for the training session. Tomorrow I will be giving it a test run at work on 160 acres of virgin ground that has me absolutely drooling at the plethora of gold indicators and quartz reefs. Not to mention the fact I have exclusive access.

I stopped at an Op Shop on the way home and found some books; Bushranger Country by Alan Sharpe, The Romance of the Swag by Henry Lawson, Tales of the Cornish Miners and an old slipcased 3 book set of the first three grades of Freemasonry.

Happy dance ensues...

1475479496_dsc00136.jpg

Latest posts