Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Danny13 said:
G'day mbasko and ridge runner, did not realise the conversation was going on. I got a great deal on the 5000 , for use in tough terrain in Karratha , I have other machines to do everything else if needed.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7482/1478669879_image.jpg

Found the above with mainly the sdc2300 and and a little with the sov gt , if needed I can use the garret a2b gold hunter , here's a question? Who else still can use an old a2b gold hunter ? I like machines with knobs and switches but I like all the other machines also , the 5000 was the last machine I needed to complement my other detectors . Just need a D9 bulldozer now . Ridge runner can you spare some of the old roman gold coins :)

Thanks for your comments gentlemen

Kind regards

I got some Bronze Roman Coins, But if ya find any Gold ones they claim them as Treasure and give you what they think they are worth,

A guy I know did find a 2500/3000 year old Gold Celtic Quarter stater a couple of years back that is the only Gold coin I have ever seen found with a detector, But they are real tiny, Like 6mm across or 1/4 of an inch across in old money, But like I said I have about 8 Romans Bronze Coins left, Someone Stole all my others, :mad: :mad:

John.

Not exactly today but got myself a new bus for prospecting
91 hilux surf, turbo diesel, added my driving lights, uhf and still to put on my winch and roof mount light bar, can't wait to get out and use it on the gold fields :D
1479011618_img_0950.jpg

jamie said:
Not exactly today but got myself a new bus for prospecting
91 hilux surf, turbo diesel, added my driving lights, uhf and still to put on my winch and roof mount light bar, can't wait to get out and use it on the gold fields :Dhttps://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/2214/1479011618_img_0950.jpg

Congrats Jamie, I am after one my self, or maybe a late 90s Pajero or a Jeep Cherokee with all the factory Diff Locks.

well done mate.

John.

Jamie

I just bought a 4 Ton Exhaust Jack, I have seen many of them and a lot sell for about $300 but I got the same model for $125.00, I bought a smaller one a couple of years back that is tall enough for cars So I decided to buy the 4 Ton 4x4 version, So I am slowly getting my Kit together, I have one 9500lb Short drum winch "as used by" the UK military, and I also have a Black Rat Tirfor Hand Winch, and I have 2 High Life Jacks but I wanted the 60" Extreme version so I got that too.

This 4x4 stuff is not cheap but it is fun,

John.

Looks the goods as a bush tracker Jamie loads of fun and hard to get to places to come. Have owned 2 surf's over my time and if I can offer a little advice run a little Moreys diesel additive to your fuel every second tank , as a grey import the diesel pump would have been run on much better quality diesel in Japan before being imported to Australia. Apparently our fuel is not of that standard and the seals shrink , leak and need re kitting after a time. Having said that it may have already been done if it's been out here for a while as is a common problem and the replacement seals are good for our fuel. The Moreys has a lubricant which helps keep them soft , is great for injectors and helps fuel economy , I swear by the stuff.
Perhaps check any receipts may find it done already then no issue.

Cheers and happy bush bashing :D

I was lucky with this one, got it cheap of a mate that is a mechanic and had just done a full major service on the engine, new brakes all round etc, few little things to fix but will do till my proper 4x4 is rebuilt.
The exhaust just is on my list of things to get but need to replace the exhaust a few holes here and there so the jack would help much right now lol I have the 12000lb electric winch to install plus a small hand winch incase I need to pull it out backwards, looking at lockers now for it but but not sure wether or not to do them on this one as I won't be keeping the surf longer than I need to

jamie said:
I was lucky with this one, got it cheap of a mate that is a mechanic and had just done a full major service on the engine, new brakes all round etc, few little things to fix but will do till my proper 4x4 is rebuilt.
The exhaust just is on my list of things to get but need to replace the exhaust a few holes here and there so the jack would help much right now lol I have the 12000lb electric winch to install plus a small hand winch incase I need to pull it out backwards, looking at lockers now for it but but not sure wether or not to do them on this one as I won't be keeping the surf longer than I need to

I had a mate who put lockers in his Hilux and it was brutal off road, Awesome.

John.

Dave law said:
Picked up a old sov xs nice and cheep. It has a mod where i can switch from disc to all metal on the shaft. What i would like to know is how do i switch to varible tones. In the manual it says it is a internal adjustment done by a dealer. Can it be DIY. ? Cheers. https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4564/1478217666_image.jpg
Got it sorted. Dr. Googs showed me where the jumpers where & what settings to use. Fully tuned & ready to swing. Cheers.

Congrats on the new detector, yep, will be a steep learning curve, but all part of the fun.

Mike70.

xcvator said:
Bit the bullet after I sold my beloved fishing kayak 8.( 8.( and ordered a Frenchy along with the new high khz eliptical coil thingo :)

Now just going to be hunting the posty for the next week :lol:

Congrats, I take it you have Ordered a French Au Pair, and how does the wife feel about that, lol.

Seriously congrats mate and happy hunting,

well done,

John

Ridge Runner said:
xcvator said:
Bit the bullet after I sold my beloved fishing kayak 8.( 8.( and ordered a Frenchy along with the new high khz eliptical coil thingo :)

Now just going to be hunting the posty for the next week :lol:

Congrats, I take it you have Ordered a French Au Pair,( :D ) and how does the wife feel about that, ( medibank claim comin up ) lol.

Seriously congrats mate and happy hunting,

well done,

John

Theres no stopping you now, You have about the best VLF/LF machine on the market and if you need any help you can pester the life out of Rocket and RJ all ya like :lol: Tell em I said it was Ok, lol.

John.

Bought a mountain goat trommel a couple of days ago from a guy in qld, I'm in Vic so I'm waiting on mr postman to deliver it ????
1480099554_img_9725.jpg

Latest posts