Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And to think I started off with an undersized two person tent
with my feet hitting one end, My bald patch the other. LOL
Oh well, You can only do it once. :)

Tathradj said:

Lol thats funny. We got a caravan cos we're going to Darwin and over the west to the goldfields for 6 months or so next year......cant wait! Im a going-grey nomad haha
1473594600_img_7105.jpg

Tathradj said:
Nice Van Bloke.
I wish you well with your travels. :)

Thanks mate, ill do a blog. Should be fun.
We went from a tent to a jayco finch, to a jayco hawk outback, to this one, it took 10 years but got there in the end.

paul_mac1 said:
Tathradj said:

Lol thats funny. We got a caravan cos we're going to Darwin and over the west to the goldfields for 6 months or so next year......cant wait! Im a going-grey nomad haha
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/2417/1473594600_img_7105.jpg
Nice rig, hope its got aircon! Wait till you see the migration of nomads heading north in the dry season! I have never seen anything like it as this year. Every rest stop between Tennant creek and Katherine was like a town, and I'm not exaggerating! Now if I need to drive any distance during the dry, I don't, leave before 2 pm. Otherwise its very hard to drive over 100kph, and there is no point overtaking, you just get stuck behind another one doing 80 to 100. Bear in mind, the speed limit is 130kmph.

davent said:
paul_mac1 said:
Tathradj said:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/2417/1473594600_img_7105.jpg
Nice rig, hope its got aircon! Wait till you see the migration of nomads heading north in the dry season! I have never seen anything like it as this year. Every rest stop between Tennant creek and Katherine was like a town, and I'm not exaggerating! Now if I need to drive any distance during the dry, I don't, leave before 2 pm. Otherwise its very hard to drive over 100kph, and there is no point overtaking, you just get stuck behind another one doing 80 to 100. Bear in mind, the speed limit is 130kmph.

yes its got aircon, generator, Solar, washing machine. Its going to be our home for at least 6 months.
I think the D40 should hum along at 130kph.
I used to be an interstate truckie who hated 90kph'ers, we used to work it between us to block them in and slow them down so the next truck could pass, so uhf on ch40 and 130kph :cool:
as long as im going over 102 (trucks are limited to 100 or 90 for road trains)....supposedly lol :p

I won these today at a deceased estate auction, I forgot I even put the absentee bid on :D must be my age or something.
They come complete with a full set of weights and tweezers all in a velvet case.
1474277249_2016-09-19_18.45.00.jpg

Cleaned up nicely after a clean with some Brasso.

cheers,
Paul

paul_mac1 said:
davent said:
paul_mac1 said:
Tathradj said:

yes its got aircon, generator, Solar, washing machine. Its going to be our home for at least 6 months.
I used to be an interstate truckie who hated 90kph'ers, we used to work it between us to block them in and slow them down so the next truck could pass, so uhf on ch40 and 130kph :cool:
as long as im going over 102 (trucks are limited to 100 or 90 for road trains)....supposedly lol :p

102.....uh ha, lol.
Reckon you will be doing it in style mate, give us a yell when your between Katherine and Darwin. I'll give you a cooks tour of some accessible gold country.

davent said:
paul_mac1 said:
davent said:
paul_mac1 said:
Tathradj said:

102.....uh ha, lol.
Reckon you will be doing it in style mate, give us a yell when your between Katherine and Darwin. I'll give you a cooks tour of some accessible gold country.

Sounds great. Thank you very much :D

Getting a bit agitated Jamie. :)
Going to like to see how the big one goes in the patch we know of.

Latest posts