Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BigWave said:
Today I bought and had fitted a new Titanium knee. Get to give it a test "run" tomorrow, and with plenty of practice, should be back in the GT next Spring :lol:
Now that's gunna be some fossil they'll find one day while digging with the Superior Experience eXpert Yesteryear Garrett 1000000 (SEXY 1 for short) in the next 5000 years. :eek:
Let's hope the popular consensus then is,"WOW, that thing musta kept going for a hundred years under extreme conditions" Then they'll laugh about how you were probably a detector operator way back when. :lol:
Hope it works well for you BW. ;)

BigWave said:
Thanks Ag.even got to watch it live on video - better than watching "Days of our Lives". Today's dry run went well. Can't wait to get back out there. Meanwhile, I wonder if Matlock Police or Number 96 are still showing :cool:
Stear clear of number 96 BW, you gotta learn to walk before you can run again mate ;) :lol: :lol:

Speedy recovery Big Wave , coincidence but my bush buddy's wife had 1st of 2 knee reco's yesterday . Liked your pub story at Milparinka !!!!!! That only trip I made got rained in for 2 days at Milparinka while waiting for the Garrett to arrive . Back then very strange people ran the pub , shooting 303's out bar window at roos on air strip . All the best mate . goldrat .

Great times were living in though, really, when you can get a new knee instead of the natural inevitability of lameness and a difficult existance dependant upon the goodness and compassion of others to see you through.
Tis truly a wow moment of scientific and medical advancements that we are looking over the cusp of in these our times. :cool:

I'm putting my money on population reduction by choice, with the gene pool fully mapped and the grandchildren of the young now making choices that involve not having to look after children at all in a life of excitement and adventure vs a life of choice to procreate knowing full well there genes are in the store pool should anyone ever want or need them ,... that very fact will breathe choice moderation into common thought of the day, with only the rich deciding to have children in a one world govnment situation, and even then, they won't carry them, they will pay others to make em up to order from the gene pool store and have some poor family in need (but healthy) carry the baby full term and a paid group of people to raise em real good into proper adults fit for the new age ,... and lets not leave out the wealth concentrations as the population falls and wealth passes from the many to the few in this scenario, as that's the very feed n fuel that will provide the impetus for it all to come to fruition. Just look at how the young are thinking already and multiply that by generations of slow thought alterations by the bombardment of technologically enabled choice modifications foisted upon them that become the norm and standard thought practices over time and I'm sure you'll see where it's all heading ,... you just have to see foreward through the tangability of connections and what they all imply. ;) 8)

goldrat said:
Speedy recovery Big Wave , coincidence but my bush buddy's wife had 1st of 2 knee reco's yesterday . Liked your pub story at Milparinka !!!!!! That only trip I made got rained in for 2 days at Milparinka while waiting for the Garrett to arrive . Back then very strange people ran the pub , shooting 303's out bar window at roos on air strip . All the best mate . goldrat .

mate, just noticed your avatar, check this one out, its a lure made by one of your very own, a Victorian, makes and sells kuttafurra lures.

1466281599_yabby.jpg

Sandta said:
Far out !
Thats a real work of art :p
What do you catch with lures like that ?
Absolutely a work of art.Agreed. I would imagine it would be a lure to catch the legendary Murray Cod.

Tsalright Ivo, we'll all keep digging up goodies while your finding time, don't fret though, your still gunna beat all the newborn detectorists by years and years yet. :lol:

They are great Davent very skilled maker . Definitely for Murray Cod . My Avatar is a Giant Tasmanian Freshwater Cray . They are only found in streams that run into Bass Strait . Under threat now , due to logging and totally protected . A customer in our Exeter Hotel brought in an old photo when they were prevalent it's tail hung out the back of a baby bath with claws out of other end to first joint . ( wish I had taken a copy ) Cheers goldrat
davent said:

Latest posts