Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey davent,
Why don't you start a new thread down in the campers, caravans section so we can keep a closer eye on where you're up to and you'll likely get some good help from those members specifically interested in this subject.
I'm keen to see how it progresses as will be others i reckon. Good luck mate.

My new Exterra 705, 7.5Khz 15" coil arrived this afternoon to replace the stock coil 18.75 coil. Very light and manageable. Sounds like my wifes hair.
1466753648_img_20160624_170346_2.jpg

Jaros, just out of curiosity, how much was the 15"?
Reckon you have some bases covered now, F1A4 and a 705 with a couple of red hot coils!
Can the F1 use evo, s or elites?

I've read somewhere that a 15" EVO coil will work with the F1A4.Better check with Nuggetfinder first.
Before I bought the F1A4M2 I rang Jack Lange and he was testing the 15x13 Detech SEF (Symmetrical Electromagnetic Field) coil on the F1A4 and was very pleased with the performance. He said he would relay the info but i never heard any more-that was roughly 2.563 yrs ago? (2yrs 142 days)- ha ha.
Jaros

I have always been interested in WW II and Nam, and I use to ride old British Bikes anyway I just bought a pair of Bomber Command WW II Goggles which they have only made 250 pairs the serial numbers go from 55573/1 to 55573/250 well the first 100 pairs had gone so I asked for the pair that are numbered 55573/250, The 55573 part of the Number is in honour of the 55573 Pilots and Crew that were killed during WW II being Aussie's Canadians and the British and Polish and quite a few Americans, These poor Blokes never got recognition in Winston Churchills speech at the end of the war but A couple of years of years ago just before he died Robin Gibb of the Bee Gees put the wheels in motion and a huge monument got built in honour of our Blokes, Bless Him, Anyway they invited quite a few Aussie Pilots and Crew over for the unvaleing which was nice for them boys to finally be honoured at long last, Even Betty and Phil were there too, (The Queen and Prince Phillip)

enjoy, john,

Anyway here's the Goggles,

1466777678_raf-bomber-command-goggles_1.jpg

Here is the Monument,
1466778001_london_raf_bomber_command_memorial.jpg

And here is the Video,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OgbpZkxzC0

thats amazing , huge monument opened by the queen but not mentioning what it was actually in honour of, ffs

1466916035_20160609_162321.jpeg

Well....collected over the last 12 months but finally decided to mount them on the wall. Numerous vintage miners picks ranging from well used to unused. My fave is the Hytest pick with the dark handle which is made from iron bark.....the head has seen no use and even has the original Hytest decal visisble.

The axe is also an aussie made Hytest axe head.

Yep...I have a problem :D

nicko61 said:
thats amazing , huge monument opened by the queen but not mentioning what it was actually in honour of, ffs

There is a big roof over the top if it and on the Stone work it is all Carved saying who it is dedicated to, It is one of the most impressive memorials and rightly so, Because those Boys changed the out come of what would have been the end for Britain, so the World owes them a huge Debt,

john

A bloke i knew, now deceased, who i worked on a project with and who i came to call a friend was an Aussie pilot with bomber command during WW2 RR. Incredible bravery to know that you were more than likely not to come back from a mission but they still went over anyway.
RIP.
Thanks for posting RR, an amazing looking monument.

Today 6:17 pm

Picked up a 21"X 17" SEF Coil on Ebay (only bid) for $149-00. Bwuddy Wipper. Brand new unused.
1466930453_21x17_coil_sef_170.jpg

Lottsa hope :F1A4M2, Exterra 705 Gold, Ace 250,Aldi detector, ? detector,Garmin Etrex30, 2 sieves,2 pans,2 sluices, Nugget sniffing Cocker Spaniel. X-Pointer PI by Deteknix, Jobe Knife, Leschke Shovel, Pro-swing 45 Harness, Treasuremate 11 Amp.Gurney gusunder.

SCROUNGER said:
A bloke i knew, now deceased, who i worked on a project with and who i came to call a friend was an Aussie pilot with bomber command during WW2 RR. Incredible bravery to know that you were more than likely not to come back from a mission but they still went over anyway.
RIP.
Thanks for posting RR, an amazing looking monument.

One of my high school teachers told me about his fighter pilot days where they would fly next to the V2 flying bombs and flip them over with his wing tip.

Tough gig .

Life expectancy was 3 weeks in their unit .

Got it easy these days don't we ?

MJB said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1222/1466916035_20160609_162321.jpeg
Well....collected over the last 12 months but finally decided to mount them on the wall. Numerous vintage miners picks ranging from well used to unused. My fave is the Hytest pick with the dark handle which is made from iron bark.....the head has seen no use and even has the original Hytest decal visisble.

The axe is also an aussie made Hytest axe head.

Yep...I have a problem :D

Looking good mate!!!

Awesome collection/display of some bygone but not forgotten tools of the trade.

That box at the bottom of the photo looks familiar??? ;) May have seen similar myself somewhere....

The only problem you have mate, is not having 3 arms to use all of those picks at once.... :D

Hope you have been getting amongst it and will see you at "Billy's Ck" soon.... :cool:

Cheers,

Billy.

Latest posts