Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the SDC club mate! Awesome little gold getter. Mine hasnt paid for itself yet, but if it keeps performing like it has been, it wont be long.
There's not many settings, but knowing how to chose the right ones makes a huge difference. Good luck. ?

Im hearing ya! Ive got enough lead to sink a battle ship, only been out with it twice, no gold yet tho :(

Chuky boy said:
Moneybox said:
The local dealer passed one around at the APLA meeting the other night. I was surprised to see how light it is.

Is that a hipstick with it?
Yeah money box I bought a hip stick for it as well. Colin from miners den melbs tells me they only weigh about 150grs more than the 11" elite.
Hey Chuky - I think Colin sold you a GPZ swing arm not a hipstick.
Hipstick here:
[video=480,360]http://youtu.be/6PmFO7WSOMA[/video]
If your feeling the weight of bigger coils etc. then a hipstick is the go. I was resisting getting/using one but wouldn't use the GPZ without one now. Makes a huge difference - I use a standard harness though so the new proswing harness might be as good? Haven't tried it as I like my harness set up as is.
The hipstick also helps with better coil control etc. too.

Long story short, my father inlaw is letting me use his gpx4500 until i can come up with the funds to pay him for it (he is swinging a 7000 these days) but there was only one catch, the battery was buggered and i would have to buy one to use it, so I have finally come up with the money to purchase a battery for the gpx4500 :D im gunna start gettin real itchy to take that sucker out now :cool: :lol:

got my centenary Anzac pin from the usual places and i couldn't help but buy this tin, its a great size tin i have a soft spot for them and the RSL can never have too many reminders of how lucky we are.
1460691091_20160415_130306.jpg

1460691405_20160415_133238.jpg

1461047149_photogrid_1461047097134.jpg
these arrived in the mail today, fair to say i have a bit of reading ahead of me. Since this is a new hobby for me ive already started to invest in some knowledge and was told these are both great to learn from :)

Actually, I bought this a while ago, but I thought it should be presented as it gives your pick (and you) a rest when digging deeper with less ground damage.

I cut down a Pit Bar from Bunnings ($69 - photo below). I put a rubber end over the cut-off end (about $2 from Bunnings - don't need the steel knob ontop - it only jars the hand) and it fits nicely in the back of the 4by. Digs a beaut hole (deep, low diameter and fast) in toughest ground. I showed it to Mardymoose who immediately bought one. Way better than your standard crow bar.

1461998722_pit_bar.jpg

ive lost my license for 6 months so hopefully i will have everything i need when i get it back to go out and detect,cant wait.

Look under the couch nicko ! 8) :lol:
Gotta watch those demerit points, they add up over time ,... but hey, all that fuel money will add up in no time too. :D

yeh i know bloody stupid ,can only blame myself ,7kms here 12kms there , effing points everywhere

Latest posts