Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do a lot of garage sales! Got this lot from a deceased estate last week:

26_p1220110.jpg

Hey guys.. Absolute newby here, with no equipment to my name.
Read plenty on here and couldn't find the right thread to put this in, but slightly OT, " what I almost bought today".

I put it to you guys, and I know I should rent first, pretty committed to the 2300... But do you guys consider this a good bundle deal? I figure the catch would be fun for the kids.

detectaden sdc-2300-super-bundle
Sorry, can't post links yet.

This is probably about the max for my budget, and it is often said buy what you can afford.

So nugget hunting in the GT is my aim, is this a good kit to kick off with?

jwal said:
Hey guys.. Absolute newby here, with no equipment to my name.
Read plenty on here and couldn't find the right thread to put this in, but slightly OT, " what I almost bought today".

I put it to you guys, and I know I should rent first, pretty committed to the 2300... But do you guys consider this a good bundle deal? I figure the catch would be fun for the kids.

detectaden sdc-2300-super-bundle
Sorry, can't post links yet.

This is probably about the max for my budget, and it is often said buy what you can afford.

So nugget hunting in the GT is my aim, is this a good kit to kick off with?

Dude Iam a big fan of the sdc 2300 recently got mine with some help from other forum members was finding colour
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am personaly very happy with mine . But there is some other machines out there some of the other members have more knowledge than me :)
So have a look around first maybe .

got my first sluice off elrodeo today when he gets back from work related trip he will send the hibanker i also brought off him.
cheers mate well made and cheap too,
1455532678_sluice.jpg

1455532712_sluice_matting.jpg

TheFossickingKid said:
After about 3 months of looking I finally found myself a Hilux single cab tub :)
Well what'd it end up costing you kid, and are you gunna post a photo of it as it looks when you get it ?
Glad you got what you were after,... patience is a virtue when only the right thing will suffice. ;) :D

After the bugga of a week I've had, On Saturday I went out and bought a 48" flat screen HD Smart TV, I was going to buy one of the 4K high Res models but I got fed up of being jerked around and the sales bloke kept trying to sell me loads of leads So I tore him and the manager a new one and walked out and went somewhere else, anyways it worked out for the better because this one cost me about $780 where as the 4K model was about $1500, and this one is pretty Good because its got about 180 channels tuned in On a system called FreeView and I can get the internet on it and pay per view TV as well, It's great watching the world Rally championship and the Tractor Drags, I cant wait to watch the Adelaide Grand Prix when it comes up,

You little Ripper :D :D :D

Ridge Runner said:
After the bugga of a week I've had, On Saturday I went out and bought a 48" flat screen HD Smart TV, I was going to buy one of the 4K high Res models but I got fed up of being jerked around and the sales bloke kept trying to sell me loads of leads So I tore him and the manager a new one and walked out and went somewhere else, anyways it worked out for the better because this one cost me about $780 where as the 4K model was about $1500, and this one is pretty Good because its got about 180 channels tuned in On a system called FreeView and I can get the internet on it and pay per view TV as well, It's great watching the world Rally championship and the Tractor Drags, I cant wait to watch the Adelaide Grand Prix when it comes up,

Sounds like you got a great deal RR with all those extra features. It seems like we're losing all that live sports on free TV. And even when you get the latest and greatest TV it's nearly out of date. We got a new one just before Christmas but when you sit back and watch it I really can't pick the difference to the other one that's about six or seven years old.

Moneybox said:
Ridge Runner said:

Sounds like you got a great deal RR with all those extra features. It seems like we're losing all that live sports on free TV. And even when you get the latest and greatest TV it's nearly out of date. We got a new one just before Christmas but when you sit back and watch it I really can't pick the difference to the other one that's about six or seven years old.

All TV's over here have FreeView on them I think I have about 161 TV channels and about 50 Radio channels but depending how good your Arial is can help you get a lot more and I can add more if I want the and we have Satilite and Cable over here on top of the ones I got and a lot of mine have the programs that will come on an hour later on another channel which is good coz I always seem to catch a good program when it's halfway through so I can set the time and watch it all, They are going to show Bathurst on the 25th of feb so I got that set up already, lol and then we got that 7 Day Catch up App that means I can go and re watch anything from the past week as many times as I like, This thing does so much its not funny, Mind you those 4K TV's are incredible.

john

Yep. 161 channels , and nothing worth watching.
I'm glad I held off- I got a 23 inch for the caravan. On special at the Auspost shop for $49. First digital TV I've ever owned-and the first new TV I've ever bought...Even at home I just use the VAST satellite with the standard Oz-wide channels. Sadly local TV is nearly a thing of the past, thanks to the corporate bastardry and city-centric capitalist parasites whoring Australia off.
$49 is probably the actual cost of making one of those big TVs.
I wouldn't have minded paying $500 for a locally made TV-if I could get one- and if their was also (a) local station(s) to watch as well. Call that progress,- if you will.......
The infrastructure for local TV could fit in a suitcase these days, yet regional programming is deemed economically unviable ?????
It would be a joke if it wasn't so sad.....Propaganda, lies and disenfranchisement, all in the name of "economic viability" :mad: :mad: :mad:

Tim said:
Yep. 161 channels , and nothing worth watching.
I'm glad I held off- I got a 23 inch for the caravan. On special at the Auspost shop for $49. First digital TV I've ever owned-and the first new TV I've ever bought...Even at home I just use the VAST satellite with the standard Oz-wide channels. Sadly local TV is nearly a thing of the past, thanks to the corporate bastardry and city-centric capitalist parasites whoring Australia off.
$49 is probably the actual cost of making one of those big TVs.
I wouldn't have minded paying $500 for a locally made TV-if I could get one- and if their was also (a) local station(s) to watch as well. Call that progress,- if you will.......
The infrastructure for local TV could fit in a suitcase these days, yet regional programming is deemed economically unviable ?????
It would be a joke if it wasn't so sad.....Propaganda, lies and disenfranchisement, all in the name of "economic viability" :mad: :mad: :mad:

I miss the local channels we had back home too, But with over 161 channels there is always something to watch, I have never liked watching Sport on TV until Now, I thought it was that I just didn't like it but it as it happens it turns out it was because I had trouble seeing it,

As for where stuff is made well I was the same about minelab, But times change and after talking to people here my views have softened about it a fair bit, A person I knew like a Friend who worked there lost his job, But if you dwell in the past it will eat you up and one day you wake up and your old and you'll find that you have let life pass you by. So I would just focus on the living and not the Past.

john.

Eldorado said:
nicko61 said:
got my first sluice off elrodeo today when he gets back from work related trip he will send the hibanker i also brought off him.
cheers mate well made and cheap too,
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/5587/1455532678_sluice.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/5587/1455532712_sluice_matting.jpg
Are the adjustable legs so you can set up the sluice in deeper water?

I think so,cant see any other reason but it might be able to convert to a hi-banker

John, mate, that sort of complacency is exactly why we are in this position. We all need to make the bludgers in Canberra accountable for the wellbeing of Australians, not the big companies. The first major instance I can remember was Woolstar(oz) being squeezed out by Tupperware(usa). The avalanche of Australian owned and based companies has been perpetrated and facilitated by non-representative and greedy corporate puppets infesting politics. It has been sly and gradual, but disastrous all the same.

Most of you probably don't even remember Woolstar...do I make my point? Sly and gradual, but disastrous all the same.....

Minelab didn't offshore to make detectors cheaper and more affordable for Aussies, did they? The money went to the top. The workers and genius' all got stiffed and the shiny bums pocketed the lot.

I came home from working away for the week to find my favourite $200 monster headphones destroyed by the cat (chewed the lead in half). I quickly raced down to jay car and picked up a new headphone jack. With a little inspiration I from PA member Tryhard I transformed them into these awesome wireless headphones. I can't wait to get out there and give me a go. The young fella rekons they sound awesome on the Wii U console and the mrs is trying to claim them for her self. :lol:
1456085070_image.jpeg

Chuky boy said:
I came home from working away for the week to find my favourite $200 monster headphones destroyed by the cat (chewed the lead in half). I quickly raced down to jay car and picked up a new headphone jack. With a little inspiration I from PA member Tryhard I transformed them into these awesome wireless headphones. I can't wait to get out there and give me a go. The young fella rekons they sound awesome on the Wii U console and the mrs is trying to claim them for her self. :lol: https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/5620/1456085070_image.jpeg

What kind of cat have you got, a saber tooth tiger maybe? :eek:

Latest posts