Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made a power supply box for the camp trailer, could't find what I wanted, got all the bits at Jaycar except the Engel plug.Got Engel 2 pin plug, cigaret lighter socket, merrit socket, 2 usb, volt meter and light sockets; 40 amp fuse at batery and 10 blade fuses in box.
Made some lcd lights up at different lenghts. Still a bit of room for extras.
1453000502_2016-01-17_001_001-optimized.jpg
1453000521_2016-01-17_001_002-optimized.jpg

Top stuff limpalot. I'm just testing my free 2 way Dometic fridge out running it electrically via a 300w inverter, connected to the load socket of the solar controller. Although the element is 160w, it needs 200w,+ the 80 watter if there's any cloud around. I know these caravan type fridges cool better on gas, but I want all options.
DC power is a cruel master, with no room for skinny wires or poor connections. :)
I put a piercing valve on my big yellow Engel. Vacuumed the gas using an old fridge compressor, and re-filled it with LPG. So far I have got it very cold, but not freezing. My next move to try is to put some thicker oil in the compressor, as it may be worn. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
If all this fails I suppose I will have to get a new drop-in unit fitted.

By the way, I think that box is a Future Kit box. The next size up from the ones I got for detectors. Kitstop stock them in Oz, or FutureKit straight from Thailand.
Jaycar are pretty good too, but when you're out in the sticks online is sometimes the only option.

Currently I'm looking at adjustable low voltage cutouts on fleabay- I hate beeping inverters, so hope to find something I can adjust the voltage cutout manually, to cut power before the beeping starts.

These days you need to know exactly what you want or need. The old hands in electronic shops with all the knowledge are now nearly all replaced by pimply-faced kids who can barely tie their own shoelaces, read or count to ten- but they are experts at video games and i-phones. No wonder Dick Smiths went belly-up.
Anyone with real knowledge has left the industry in disgust, or is being paid $15 an hour, and working for a company that charges you $120 an hour to pay their executive staff to work out shiftier ways to fleece their customers. :mad:

Know what your saying, I am reluctant to work for the paper work companys; fill in this and fill in that, spend more time shuffulling forms than doing the bloody job. Good thing about farmers; they are happy that you will come out and do the job. Never seen paper fill a pot hole succesfully.
Cheers LL

Tim said:
These days you need to know exactly what you want or need. The old hands in electronic shops with all the knowledge are now nearly all replaced by pimply-faced kids who can barely tie their own shoelaces, read or count to ten- but they are experts at video games and i-phones. No wonder Dick Smiths went belly-up.
Anyone with real knowledge has left the industry in disgust, or is being paid $15 an hour, and working for a company that charges you $120 an hour to pay their executive staff to work out shiftier ways to fleece their customers. :mad:

Yep, gone are the days when electronic enthusiasts like myself would support Dick Smiths - building all sorts of kits from Electronics Australia and Electronics Today International. It went down hill as soon as Woolies bought it.

Woo-hoo! More goodies and projects.....These are my 2 old Garretts, the ADS Deepseeker came from Tibooburra-$100. The Groundhog Master Hunter ADS 1 I bought from WA. It came with the case, phones, belt clip and stem, 7 1/2"& 10 1/2"coils.-$150. I made the PVC armrest the other day.
1453440387_camera_430.jpg

The Bloodhound Depth multiplier and other goodies came from David Cooper at Treasure Enterprises. Like Phil at GMC he is finishing up, and there are new old stock bargains galore! So if you are a bit of a collector or a traditionalist, this may be your last chance to secure some increasingly rare items!!

Note the FREE slide tray, with 2 bases, 4 and 5 pin coil connectors. (Onya David!!)
His prices were bargain-basement cheap. Note the BH Tracker IV assembly-$50!!
Sand scoop was $15. Also got a couple of battery door screws.

I left my pinpointer on the bumper of the Pajero last trip out-so another arrived from our Chinese friends today.
Next week or so I will recieve a BH trackerIV, new-$160+postage, and a 4 inch coil for it. I paid $52- kicking myself- Radio shack 4 inch (6.6kHz also) on fleabay for $29.95+postage...Oh well...
1453440323_camera_429.jpg

The Bloodhound is 5 pin, 5kHz. It will work on the Deepseeker (early,4 pin), but not the Groundhog (15kHz), but I need to make up the adaptor from 5 pin to 4 pin. Easy-peasy. :) :lol: :D

jamie said:
my minelab go find 40 turned up today, was part of the package deal when i bought my gpx4500, going to play in the park tonight with it i think :D
Had a crack with that 40 yet Jamie?

Tim said:
Woo-hoo! More goodies and projects.....These are my 2 old Garretts, the ADS Deepseeker came from Tibooburra-$100. The Groundhog Master Hunter ADS 1 I bought from WA. It came with the case, phones, belt clip and stem, 7 1/2"& 10 1/2"coils.-$150. I made the PVC armrest the other day.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6224/1453440387_camera_430.jpg
The Bloodhound Depth multiplier and other goodies came from David Cooper at Treasure Enterprises. Like Phil at GMC he is finishing up, and there are new old stock bargains galore! So if you are a bit of a collector or a traditionalist, this may be your last chance to secure some increasingly rare items!!

Note the FREE slide tray, with 2 bases, 4 and 5 pin coil connectors. (Onya David!!)
His prices were bargain-basement cheap. Note the BH Tracker IV assembly-$50!!
Sand scoop was $15. Also got a couple of battery door screws.

I left my pinpointer on the bumper of the Pajero last trip out-so another arrived from our Chinese friends today.
Next week or so I will recieve a BH trackerIV, new-$160+postage, and a 4 inch coil for it. I paid $52- kicking myself- Radio shack 4 inch (6.6kHz also) on fleabay for $29.95+postage...Oh well...
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6224/1453440323_camera_429.jpg

The Bloodhound is 5 pin, 5kHz. It will work on the Deepseeker (early,4 pin), but not the Groundhog (15kHz), but I need to make up the adaptor from 5 pin to 4 pin. Easy-peasy. :) :lol: :D

And here it is all set up. Out for a few tests tomorrow hopefully.She's a goer.
1453461014_camera_431.jpg
I hope this isn't a breach of forum protocol mods- It's an out-dated and unsupported historical document now. :)
1453461060_garrett_bloodhound_depth_multiplier_dm5.jpg
1453461087_garrett_bloodhound_depth_multiplier_dm5_001.jpg

Yeah it will need to be that big to detect it probably. :) Anyways if I get it tuned and working OK I might be able to locate black sands or Ironstone patches.
I was talking to a bloke in Broken Hill a couple of years ago-he was riding a WIIA Harley with a sidecar. He dug it out of a creek up there. It was surprisingly not rusted, and is now restored and is his every day ride.
Old guns might register on it. And coin caches, etc...

Had a fart around with the Bloodhound. By adjusting the null and the ground balance, on manual, I have it picking up a flagon lid at a foot, chicken wire at 3 feet and a thumping signal on a buried 4 inch steel pipe at 4 feet. Those air tests should actually be better in-ground with this thing, I think.

Got my 4 inch BH coil yesterday- no tecta yet- so jerry-rigged the BH board to it. Jeez there a handy unit them Tracker IVs. Detects 2 grams of flour gold at 4 inches, has tone setting, and disc/ notches out steel without much disc while losing zero sensitivity. :) :) :)
Hopefully I can run this thing to pick up goldies and leave pulltabs and twist-tops behind.

Hi HG, how does your Fors go out in the field, just curious?
Havinago said:
Today I decided to go wireless and after reading some old posts with no real great reviews I decided Id chance it and try and set up a wireless device. I purchased a Digitech AA-2085 Bluetooth audio dongle for $60 and Digitech AA-2124 Bluetooth Headset for $80 from jaycar.

http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr204/havinago1/Prospecting/IMG_4064_zps448t05p0.jpg

Fits nicely

http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr204/havinago1/Prospecting/IMG_4065_zpszep4tt8p.jpg

Latest posts