The Weekend Prospector TV series (Original - Tommy)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MegsyB007 said:
I haven't watched this show, because I don't watch tv - but I get a lot of enjoyment out of reading all your comments about it!
Probably the best part of it, from the sound of it! :lol:

Cheers guys!
Megsy

You said it, "reading all the comments" But there are those who can't help watching and then commenting.

savage bitter said:
travelergold said:
Still silence from miners den. Bet they regret posting this.
miners den are to busy rubbing there hands together waiting for all the saps to come running threw there doors wanting to buy a detector and get told they will find it big just like on tv and how you can get your money back in finds on a couple of trips all about sales nothing else

Wouldn't be difficult to work out who at Miners Den is behind this release, ;)

Maybe we all should contact mines den and let them know how you feel about the show and how it portrays detecting in general as sales do come from nebies but also from us as well
Roy

Hows the way he throws the 7000 up on the bank as he is climbing up the embankment ,

i defenitly would not throw a expensive piece of equipment around like that ,

you gotta respect your equipment ,,

waynec said:
Hows the way he throws the 7000 up on the bank as he is climbing up the embankment ,

very true if I droped 10 grand on a detector I would not throw it around hayyouinau knows what I mean after my last fall I saved my sdc all the way to the ground

waynec said:

I guess he thinks it's not his so why worry.

It's like he just making fun of prospecting.

Wishfull said:
waynec said:

I guess he thinks it's not his so why worry.

It's like he just making fun of prospecting.

And then ge said "Thats how its done folks " :( :awful:

If I had a 7000 and I dropped it I would beat it to the ground let alone throw it up the bank :lol:

I watched about 10 minutes of it. What a load of BS. And what a pair of spankers. No need to shell out 10 big ones on a 7000, or even a 5000 for that matter as all the so called gold "finds" were within a couple of inches of the surface. Could have been found with my old tesoro dingo. They must be damn good operators as I dont know of anyone that can snag 3 bits (or was it 2 as the small ones looked to be the same piece from different angles.) in a single day on flogged ground. and All in the top soil. The only bit of edjamacation I got from that poorly produced infomerchal was what knife not to use to open coffin bay oysters. :awful: I hope I never run into these 2 out in my neck of the woods as the temptation to throw rocks and sticks :bomb: at them would be too great. :argh:

jethro said:
I watched about 10 minutes of it. What a load of BS. And what a pair of spankers. No need to shell out 10 big ones on a 7000, or even a 5000 for that matter as all the so called gold "finds" were within a couple of inches of the surface. Could have been found with my old tesoro dingo. They must be damn good operators as I dont know of anyone that can snag 3 bits (or was it 2 as the small ones looked to be the same piece from different angles.) in a single day on flogged ground. and All in the top soil. The only bit of edjamacation I got from that poorly produced infomerchal was what knife not to use to open coffin bay oysters. :awful: I hope I never run into these 2 out in my neck of the woods as the temptation to throw rocks and sticks :bomb: at them would be too great. :argh:

You could always assist them to slip down one of those vegetation concealed deep mine-shafts.

I think the prospecting community of Australia needs a rest from these idiot inspired TV programs that are making non law compliance prospectors
head to the bush in droves and waves and destroy our hobby.

Minelab / Miners Den should be ashamed of this over promotion.

savage bitter said:
the weekend prospector could of been done so much better why bulls#@t the people or is that how minilab see us

The hard core detector people = may cover costs for the Manufacturers

The never ending supply of 10001 fools that think they will get rich over night = Cream and Honey for the Manufacturers

Thus for many manufacturers, even crappy shows are great; as a never ending supply of fools with more $ than brains...

I know you guys hate the show, I am not a fan, but it got me into the game. Always wanted a detector as a child and now that i just past 50 I bought one.still not a proper gold detector but a minelab nox 600.

Just curious to see how long I last before it goes up for sale!

Lets hope the bug hits and stays.
'
If only if I can find a goldie!

mixo

mixo said:
I know you guys hate the show, I am not a fan, but it got me into the game. Always wanted a detector as a child and now that i just past 50 I bought one.still not a proper gold detector but a minelab nox 600.

'

mixo

Hi mixo you will find plenty with a nox 600 and it looks as if some good has come from the show if it got you into detecting and the nox and you are heading in the right direction so injoy your new found life style
Roy

Swinging & digging said:
jethro said:

You could always assist them to slip down one of those vegetation concealed deep mine-shafts.

I think the prospecting community of Australia needs a rest from these idiot inspired TV programs that are making non law compliance prospectors
head to the bush in droves and waves and destroy our hobby.

Minelab / Miners Den should be ashamed of this over promotion.

Sounds like a perfect reason why we need to help XIV get his original concept of this show off the ground as much as possible.

XIV are you looking at having another crack at it if so I'm willing to put up some coin. I'll kick it off with $1000.00 so we only need another 69 from memory. Mind you I'm not willing to just give it away there has to be some guarantee that it will go ahead/ trust account.

Maybe we can organise a raffle and have some sponsors donate, have a Bunnings sausage sizzle in each state, just a few thoughts. Rather than post about the garbage being produced by these clowns and the damage it is causing we have to try something, don't we.

roy cobb said:
mixo said:

'

mixo

Hi mixo you will find plenty with a nox 600 and it looks as if some good has come from the show if it got you into detecting and the nox and you are heading in the right direction so injoy your new found life style
Roy

My wife thinks i am made and she keeps reminding me that it will date XX amount of year to pay it off the way i'm going.

Hopefully will find something of value or plenty of gold spendables!..Geezzz even learning the lingo...

mixo

Spot on RM.... We need to get behind XIV... There's plenty of People here willing to help out and show how its done the PA way.... I hope XIV has another go at this, as there is a Market for another Quality Gold Show... Not the :poop: that is being shoved down our throats by Clowns....

Discovery wouldn't touch anything like that..... Surprised that even 7 would air it... :awful:

There's a new season of Aussie Opal Hunters about to air on Discovery in the New Year too.... :clap:

LW....