The Weekend Prospector TV series (Original - Tommy)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O dear :lol: I had to go Christmas shopping and I mist it :p I'am heartbroken :lol: hope I did not miss any thing important :( :argh: :playful: :zzz:

Wishfull said:
Ok. What dumb stuff did he do this time :awful:

Nth Stradbroke Island, neck deep in a lake and bobs to recover a ring, if you believe it :)

I was sitting having a beer, chilling out, watched about 7 minutes and turned to ABC 24 news, which is about as interesting as watching paint dry, but better n watching him. More :poop: :poop:

i missed it but i'm sure it would have made me :/ i wonder how many more episodes they might inflict upon us

fact and fiction are always very different at least you can have a laugh

a bit dishonest from minelab in search of more sales this bloke is really bunging it on i reckon

it should be called the dumb prospector not the weekend prospector

yep said:
i missed it but i'm sure it would have made me :/ i wonder how many more episodes they might inflict upon us

fact and fiction are always very different at least you can have a laugh

a bit dishonest from minelab in search of more sales this bloke is really bunging it on i reckon

it should be called the dumb prospector not the weekend prospector
There is a total of 8 episodes
I still haven't watched it.
Just can't

I still believe we should voice our voice to Minelab. Yes, they make a good if not the best detector but there choice of advertising with this show was not well thought through. I cant see anyone here giving this show a thumbs up and to be honest if I could find a better brand I would buy it. Just my way of seeing it.

condor22 said:
Wishfull said:

Nth Stradbroke Island, neck deep in a lake and bobs to recover a ring, if you believe it :)

I was sitting having a beer, chilling out, watched about 7 minutes and turned to ABC 24 news, which is about as interesting as watching paint dry, but better n watching him. More :poop: :poop:

And Depending on where it is - could have been in the National Park (Blue Lake is) and also much of the land is all under Indigenous management...

Did not see it but I wonder if he got permission... ummmmm stuff that - just do it and play dumb after... every one else does...

Having heaps of fun up here on the Palmer river, just about to give a start, dams are full but so are the rivers! (gota swim to the mine) make for some great fun viewing!!
Real fun drama and real hard won gold. Be great to see it on ya show XIV, hard to film and work but ill do my best till ya get here with the film crew mate!

:goldpan: :goldpan:

In Minelabs defense, I think they would like things to have been a little different too. XIV, please correct me if Im wrong.

When XIV approached others about making the show and got sponsors on board (including Minelab) he had layed the foundations of what could have been a great show. Why wouldnt they want to have been involved?

But when things got taken out of XIVs hands Minelab would most likely not have been privy to what the content was really like until they saw the final cut. Then its a bit late when the $$ have been forked over up front.

Yes, it may drive some sales for them but Im sure they too would be cringing at the persona and lack of knowledge coming from the face of the show.

And again, XIV, happy to be corrected if any of that is off the mark :Y:

ctxkid said:
if i were minelab , i'd take the loss and ask the show never be screened to the public ever again :Y:

quality product does not need marketing ;)

it sells itself :perfect: :money:
Not really, it's still advertising and a tax deduction.
And without the sponsorship small shows, that are trying to get off the ground, just can't.
Plus, with the sponsorship, your competitors Can not sponsors the same show.

Northeast said:
In Minelabs defense, I think they would like things to have been a little different too. XIV, please correct me if Im wrong.

When XIV approached others about making the show and got sponsors on board (including Minelab) he had layed the foundations of what could have been a great show. Why wouldnt they want to have been involved?

But when things got taken out of XIVs hands Minelab would most likely not have been privy to what the content was really like until they saw the final cut. Then its a bit late when the $$ have been forked over up front.

Yes, it may drive some sales for them but Im sure they too would be cringing at the persona and lack of knowledge coming from the face of the show.

And again, XIV, happy to be corrected if any of that is off the mark :Y:
Yes the sponsorship deal was with the idea of the show, and done before the filming was even started.
So, they too had no idea on how it was going to turn out.

did you see when he went under water the headphones came off no problems

4 x ads in 25 mins I shouldn't be surprised because tv is all about advertising lying and trying and prying to get every last cent you own no

I reckon the main target of this show is the cashed up grey nomands cruising around with plenty of time and plenty of $$$ birds of a feather flock together that is the target market :zzz:

like most detectors they will sooner or later end up collecting dust in the back of the cupboard

this hobby is not for the weak impulsive or faint hearted but the long haul :power:

condor22 said:
Wishfull said:

Ok I may be wrong here but, If he was detecting on Nth Stradie, in a lake, Had He done that Illegally?... I think all lakes on Straddie are in National Parks....or are Protected in some way...

LW.....

LoneWolf said:
condor22 said:
Wishfull said:

Ok I may be wrong here but, If he was detecting on Nth Stradie, in a lake, Had He done that Illegally?... I think all lakes on Straddie are in National Parks....or are Protected in some way...

LW.....
I was thinking the same thing.....but also dont belive anything shown on this show..I only watch it because it makes me cringe.Next time I see Justin I'm going to give him heaps of :poop:

Latest posts