The Weekend Prospector TV series (Original - Tommy)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your right mixo there is plenty of fair dinkum reality on YouTube, it's raw prospecting at it's best :Y:. The editing is more about keeping the subject of the video up to date with the audience.

Beats commercial clown act's every day. It would be great to see an informative accurate unstaged prospecting show telling it how it really is from a hobby perspective rather than those who make or try to make a living off it.

Even at yesterdays minelab event, most the people there were not in it to find gold to be rich. Most of them retired and going to the hills to get away from it and hopefully find something.Beats staying home I suppose.

I'm still not convinced that anyone really makes money out of it especially after the huge outlay for equipment, but I do get getting out there and having a crack.

Time will tell.Got 13 or so years before I retire, lets see where this hobby takes us.

mixo

Even those that say they make $$$ i would question as many that say they do. Never factor in all the actual expenses.

I few years ago a trip to the beaches would pay fuel / food and $$ to spare / pay for the gear over time. Today unless lucky, flat out paying for a coffee at the servo on the way home.

Unless your lucky and find some big nuggets and or an expensive ring or 3 that the owners never claim. The real earnings/rewards come from new contacts / friends and just getting outside.

Same here in Adelaide repeat of last weeks show
roy cobb said:
7 Mate could not even get the episode right apparently they just replayed last weeks show at the Gold coast :lol:

I watched the first 3 episodes on the weekend (despite already reading all the terrible reviews on here). I was not disappointed as it was exactly as everyone said it would be. I don't know how they can have deadbeats on a prospecting show that clearly don't even know how to swing a detector.

I have walked close beside my mates CTX swinging as we make our way back to the car. Both detectors false every time the coils get anywhere near each other!

Cracks me up every time I see it. Shouldnt laugh though. Did the same thing myself as a four year old. My two year old brother just watched me and smiled. Still have the emotional and physical scars 55 years later.

I still laugh everytime I see Russell.I think of Tim Davies aka money pot..Watched one of his vids and he recons he walked all the way up the beach and back again for not a signal..Got to his car and realized he hadn't turned on the detector :lol:
Dam that must be one hellava stable beach detector. :lol:

Don't no what peples problems are. I recon their on the ball if youse peple find half the gold their find youse wood be doing ok

So dont bag just detect

My new moto

That bloke in the video is takin the piss fellas dont youse know youse wood have seen him tv about 10 15 year ago it's the bloke from the comidy shows

Latest posts