Smokey's Equinox 800 Finds.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a nice little run this morning at the beach.
1556923189_20190504_083930-877x1510-768x1322.jpg

Got this coin I think it's from the US. Can't find a date yet.
1556923251_20190504_073134-768x768.jpg

Also got a surprise find of a 15 inch shifter and a Ronald MacDonald :lol:
1556923596_20190504_064838-768x768.jpg

I'm also glad I don't run my hands through the sand.
1556923391_20190504_062319-768x768.jpg

I know there's a Florin and a Rams head in there I just have to soak em for a few days.
Cheers Guys :) :beer: :beer:

Cheers Silver .
That shifter still works mate..I'll give it a clean and a spray with some rust converter and she'll be back in action..I needed a sixpence mate but just couldn't pull one out. :) :Y:

Carefull with rust converter..... the choked up rust ends up solid, and may get in the way of the workings permanently.
I've seen it used on a car bonnet by a novice.... they ended up getting a new bonnet because the converted rust would not sand back (they had no grinder then lol) :D

silver said:
Carefull with rust converter..... the choked up rust ends up solid, and may get in the way of the workings permanently.
I've seen it used on a car bonnet by a novice.... they ended up getting a new bonnet because the converted rust would not sand back (they had no grinder then lol) :D
All good mate I'll hit it with the sand blaster then wipe it over with converter. :Y:

Cheers Roy.
It Was a good morning.
The only other target was a sinker not shown.
No junk anywhere :)

hey Smoky, as Silver said, rust converter can leave a surface of converted oxide that causes binding.
with old rusty tools a good dose of WD40 or 5-56 or similar & some action with steel wool works wonders.
for badly corroded items a day or 2 soaking in diesel 1st often helps too
nice finds, lucky no accident with the needle, at least the area is now 1 needle safer :Y:

Ded Driver said:
hey Smoky, as Silver said, rust converter can leave a surface of converted oxide that causes binding.
with old rusty tools a good dose of WD40 or 5-56 or similar & some action with steel wool works wonders.
for badly corroded items a day or 2 soaking in diesel 1st often helps too
nice finds, lucky no accident with the needle, at least the area is now 1 needle safer :Y:
Cheers Ded.
Yes still had the needle on it to . :mad:
Yet I'll make sure all the rust is removed first.its already cleaned up good with a quick blast. :Y: .

This suggestion might not be the norm but I'd inform the council about the needle and hopefully they run a machine over it, the Ronald suggests kid's use the space :8. Great finds :Y: maybe informing councils to do a clean isn't the done thing (maybe a thread on it's own for this question) obviously I don't detect beaches.

Latest posts