Sluice or highbanker mats / matting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me it was Bunnings for the coarser blue woven mat (unbacked) with apiece of ribbed rubber mat bought off roll at Bunnings. Also the black door mats are smaller woven rubber with a rubber backing.
As others say, Big W or have a look every time you go past a $2 shop for mats etc.

Cracka.

I bought a door mat with the back from cheap as chips ( cheapy shop like crazy clarks) cost me 5 bucks and it was huge... pays to look around at times..

Brad

i originally used this setup in my highbanker (underneath the bread crate as per walbanker spec)

Blue open weave spaghetti type matting which is unbacked
http://www.bunnings.com.au/matpro-900mm-blue-unbacked-cushion-matting-_p4490278

with a black rubber "V" matting underneath it
http://www.bunnings.com.au/ideal-rubber-sbr-fine-rib-1mt-wide_p6611081

main difficulty was with the ribbed "v" mat, blue spaghetti mat and bread crate on top it stacked bloody high in the tray of the highbanker

changed over to this "ultimat" also found at bunning and found its much thinner and still does an equally awesome job with the bread crate on top.

http://www.bunnings.com.au/bayliss-60-x-90cm-ultimat-medium-synthetic-mat_p4490685

I think there is a smaller and cheaper ultimat but the weave is smaller as well, found the medium to be fine, maybe someone who has used the smaller weave can comment how well it works.

If you go to the rubber matt section at Bunnings. There is there mate with fine little riffles on a big roll you pay per metre so I just bought like 0.3m. I was told to use that on my own home job sluice. The guy told me that this stuff will catch the gold and you can generally pick it out with tweezer once your finished your run. It seems to work for me.

Cheers
Cap

Was in bunnings this morning and had a look at the matting, just to see if they had anything of interest for prospecting and found these.

This was unusual and deep little riffle things, photo doesn't do it justice.

gGLenza.jpg

Miner moss stuff....actually it's quite dense, not soft but quite hard.

gUwhHwU.jpg

side view.

7kjD64v.jpg

That stuff might be good for a 2 stage sluicebox, to give the heavies a good move around and settle out prior to the moss etc???

Or if it's hard, maybe even drill a hole behind each flap and mount it directly or spaced above the moss????..Food for thought...

Thanks for input guys, just thought I'd post these pics if anyone is interested.

Here's my beast and bunnings matting. She's a bit beaten up and turning into a garden ornament recently..

It can also be used as cleanup riffles in a thin 2 or 3 inch wide sluice

Remember, the flow has to roll the gravel in each 'rectangle'

1455518215_14555180305760.jpg

1455518246_14555180415081.jpg

1455518280_14555180609732.jpg

Checkerboard top side matting from bunnings
1455518308_14555180696523.jpg

I have this mat from Bunnings, bit tighter weave than the grey stuff on the roll also softer & has a rubber backing.
Found a similar mat to the one I posted at The Reject Shop, virtually the same but a little tighter weave.
Not sure how it works yet as just got highbanker running.

Latest posts