Sluice or highbanker mats / matting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy Oz. Hey, what's that folded mono work like? I read they cancel harsh ground pretty well. Might have a crack at makin' one for the Surf or the Sniffer....?

Hi guys was just sitting back having a coldy wondering what material to use in my sluice box ...there is ribbed rubber , miners matting , some people use boat carpet ahhhh the list goes on ...woul appreciate some hardcore arguments over what you guy's and girls think is the best

I heard somebody ssay that the best matting was the bunnings outdoor mat, better than the purpose made stuff, because its weave was a little looser and trapped small gold perfectly. No personal experience of it.

Ok I'll have a look for it next time im in there .. i think that I'll do some test runs with a few different materials to see whats better cheers

Hi i use 8 inchs of rubber v matt at the top... then marine ribbed carpet the rest of the way and it does not clog easly and catches all the gold.. :D

I put some v mat at the top of my mini sluice and it caught over 90 % of the gold, was good to be able to see the colour on the black mat before the moss, riffle, expanded mesh area; before you could not see it on the ally. Got the v mat at Clark Rubber.

Cheers LL

1463037415_2016-03-16_001_002-optimized.jpg

Hey GD

You mentioned this stuff before, have you got some more info on it, like price availability etc etc....

Thanks in advance

Bazz

Hi Golddigg...I cant seem to get your highbanker vid to work...can you post something showing this matting work.

Couple of questions... do you still need expanded mesh and rifle bars with this mat? That is..if you have a 'conventional sluice' does your mat replace it all?

When will this mat be available?

Price estimates?

thanks Mike :/

Hey Mike which video wasn't working for you mate? Had another bloke say the same thing then 10 minutes later said it was working. Here's a video from Eldorado.

Yes the mat replaces everything, its a standalone mat really easy learning curve mate.

Ive shot a video today in my backyard throwing a few grams of different size gold through it should be up on my channel Monday.

When available? Its on pre-sale mate I have been making them all week they need rest time on the shelf before i can ship out.
Www.Highbanker.com.au for more info

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/F5eeiPv3ucc[/video]

MikeB05 said:
Hi G0lddigg,

Mate you don't look anything like your avatar..LOL :/
His avatar is a scene from a TV series called Peaky Blinders,great show.Check it out.

Latest posts