Sluice or highbanker mats / matting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MikeB05 said:
Hi G0lddigg,

this was the video I couldn't get to see...

http://highbanker.com.au/collections/vortex-dream-mat

Thanks anyway for posting your highbanker vid.

Mate you don't look anything like your avatar..LOL :/

hey mate sorry that page is a link to the dream mat collection and for some reason the redirect wasn't working thanks for letting me know. its fixed now.
there's no video on that page though and never was. here's a link to the channel https://www.youtube.com/user/GoldRatHighbankers

No the avatar is from a movie mate, ..... Eldorado its not actually Peaky Blinders its from a movie called Gangs of New York, its a little violent but portrays the reality of the brutal nature of religion during settlement of New york great movie i love period movies.... take me back anytime

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/ADmX9eMEV9U[/video]

Ah.Gangs of New York.I have seen that movie too. Don't know what made me think it was Peaky Blinders.I must watch Gangs of New York again.

Haha thanks Bazz yeh the designer in america said the same thing.... his first thought was hulk.... my logic was green and gold for australia mate :)
But remember this is urethane not rubber so its going to fade with australias hard uv.

I hope to do a few different colour ranges mate as every few hours someone is asking for something different cant please em all but well have a good crack.

I got the tick of approval from the scientists yesterday who came to inspect my processes they were quite impressed with final product.

I just hope i can keep up.

Happy friday all
1463693448_20160518_083738-1024x768.jpg
1463693468_20160519_201711-1024x768.jpg

is the rubber matting at Bunning's any good.. thinking about adding a bit to the highbanker so I can use it for a quick reference to see if i'm getting gold
any thoughts??

I got some "v" mat from Clark Rubber, put about 150mm at the top of the riffle area and I recon it collects 90% of the fines. Being black you can see the gold washing through, which can be hard to see in the riffle moss mats.

there is about 200mm area on the HB where I can put the black mat. should I do the hole area or do like half??

also I know a lot of high bankers have a piece of rubber that comes done over the first part of the rifles is this to slow the material down or to wash better?? and is it worth doing???

Vee mat produces a better vortex & is what most commercial sluice manufactures supply when using rubber mat.
Also consider some slick area before the vee mat, the Walbanker uses it very successfully to stratify the material in solution.
Wal (search the forum) and goldhog mats (net) explain what we are trying to achieve with the mats and the understanding helps with your decisions.

Barry

I cannot find this V mat at Bunnings anywhere?
I'll try the website now, the team members couldn't direct me any better than I could myself.
Anyone know what aisle maybe?

Latest posts